YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could the guys who are running Rath nerf bars please share some pictures of their setup.

I know there are a few different models available from Rath, which ones are regarded as the best, are the Rath 44 signature series with monster pegs regarded as the top model. Are they the same model Chad Wienen and Thomas brown are running?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The Rath 44 Series (now termed Signature Series) are the top model. I run/prefer the monster peg. It depends on your style of riding whether to get the monster peg or standard peg.

TBrown, Wienen, Upperman, Hetrick, Rastrelli, Hamrick all run the Signature Series Rath nerfs.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
just a little question about the signature series for the carb model. Can i use them with 22" rear tires?
I'm not sure. There is pretty good clearance with the 18" tires i run. I would say you would clear without rubbing. It's only an extra 2" taller from center. it would be close though

·
Registered
187 Posts
no looking for R suspension ..plus little low in the funds department right now

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Thanks, man. I ordered them through Rath's eBay store. I got a good price on them, but it took 5 weeks to get them. I ended up calling and emailing them quite a bit, as there was some confusion on their end. My order was an absolute mess. The Rath units are by far the best looking nerf bars, in my opinion. I like quite a few other brands, but there are things about the other brands that make me not want to buy them. The nerfs I got took a little bit of persuasion to get them installed, but that goes with any other pair of nerfs I've ever installed-- no matter what brand. Also, Just so you know ahead of time, the rear fender needs to be trimmed just above the top of the heel guard tube. This is only for the 2014 models, though. It's not required for the 2009-2013. You can see in the picture where I trimmed it to provide clearance. Good luck with your decision, and your purchase.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Appreciate the detailed response. I didn't notice the slight trimming on your rear fenders but it is very minor and still works well, I have a late 2009 model so should be a straight fit.

I've been stumbling over which nerf bars I should purchase for a while and always end up coming back to the Raths, from what i've read a few people do seem to receive a snail service from them but always seem to come good in the end.

I'm based in the United Kingdom, so just have to find a friendly retailer who are willing to ship at a reasonable rate. Over here they cost the equivalent of $800+ :bawl

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
No problem. Yeah, I hate to say anything negative about a retailer, especially when they have a lot of people to provide for, but the shipping time speaks for itself. I know they're busy, especially around the time I ordered mine, but they were supposed to be in stock, and there's all sorts of other stuff that I could whine about, but in the end, I'm glad I stuck with my decision to get the Rath units. You may be able to contact Rath directly to ask about pricing, availability, and shipping rates. It may be quicker and cheaper to get them directly from Rath. It may also be cheaper and easier to order them from a distributor, as long as they're in stock. You'll just have to ask around. Good luck.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No problem. Yeah, I hate to say anything negative about a retailer, especially when they have a lot of people to provide for, but the shipping time speaks for itself. I know they're busy, especially around the time I ordered mine, but they were supposed to be in stock, and there's all sorts of other stuff that I could whine about, but in the end, I'm glad I stuck with my decision to get the Rath units. You may be able to contact Rath directly to ask about pricing, availability, and shipping rates. It may be quicker and cheaper to get them directly from Rath. It may also be cheaper and easier to order them from a distributor, as long as they're in stock. You'll just have to ask around. Good luck.
I did contact a few retailers a while ago but the shipping rates were extortionate so shelved the idea at the time, I have my preferred retailer (Atv Galaxy) but they only stock housers and pro armour, saying that they have gone out of the way in the past to order in parts that they don't normally stock so hopefully they can help, have sent them an email so will see what comes of it. If not as you say maybe best to contact Rath direct.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
@Kovatch in your second picture behind the monster pegs, Is that a custom footrest that you've added to keep the rear of your boot level with the pegs?
Sorry for the late response. I lost track of this thread.

It is custom from Travis Spader. I suffered a full ruptured Achilles in 2012 on the ATV when I landed a jump wrong. To improve my confidence and hopefully prevent it again, I talked to Thomas Brown after his ankle surgery and he referred me to Travis about this. I "installed" (aka zip tied) that to the nets to prevent my heal from dropping too low. It was difficult to get used to, but I love it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts