YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took out the bike, right after I got my big motor put back together to go test it out on some straight aways and REALLY get a feel for the bike. My friend who rides lots with me on my other YFZ and his dirt bike rode it first. I told him to just cruise down this dirt road, it was straight and flat. He roasted it and came across two blind 5 foot tall whoops, the first one threw him on the bike sideways, still going fast no traction on gravel he hit the second one and slid into the dirt where the edge of the wheel caught and the bike flipped over twice, I saw from a distance just the bike in the air and thought FU*CK! I bolted over there with the truck and he has flown about 50 feet doing flips, I was more concerned if he was okay, lucking he was up already and limping around, NOTHING BROKEN and he was okay except for pride and feeling of just wrecking my new bike after 30 seconds of getting it back.

Good news is I have full coverage insurance AND comprehensive and Collision with only a $100.00 deductible he is happy to pay, I have to take the bike into probably KMS and have them evaluate it and tell me what a quote would be and I already started the claim process. I am glad no one was hurt but it does suck right after getting my new Venom motor it its toast. Another good thing is I picked up the bike, turned it over and it fired right up, it drives straight but as you can see and from what I can tell, the sub frame (probably a lot more) is bent severely. I cannot tell how much other damage but the motor is good and fired right up and still ripped, the axle, and tires and everything treads normal but the subframe is tweaked bad. Who make replacement parts.. insurance wise, I can probably score a whole new racing frame, who besides Lonestar and Jansen Motorsports make aftermarket frames?

Here are some pics:

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
holy crap!
he sure did a number on ol' yammy!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Stix1107 @ Feb 10 2009, 09:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744983
wow bro that has to be some kind of record for tearing w00ter up lol. Hurry and get it fixed and dont let your friend ride it ever again lol[/b]
Yeah I wont, it was an accident though and well, I got full coverage including collision and comp! 100 dollar deduct....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Stix1107 @ Feb 10 2009, 09:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744983
wow bro that has to be some kind of record for tearing w00ter up lol. Hurry and get it fixed and dont let your friend ride it ever again lol[/b]
F*ck it, I have a spare 08 YFZ blue one bone stock, worse comes to worse, ill have them put my motor in that one while its being repaired! I am just glad my friend was not killed, it was a BAD crash! Bikes can be repaired, friends can not.

Motor is still solid so I got REALLY lucky on that part! I emailed a place to inquire about repair, different then KMS they have a dyno, this will get me on a different dyno and maybe numbers will be different eh? It will work out great, ill probably get a load of money from the insurance and be able to get all the other aftermarket sh*t I wanted..LOL :strokin:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Stix1107 @ Feb 10 2009, 09:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744990
you sure you didnt do this on purpose? lol

Glad your friend is ok[/b]

Not on purpose, he no sh*it crashed it only 100 yards down the road, it was the shortest ride trip EVER, it was parked, unloaded, crashed and loaded back up on way home in under 15 mins. I cannot believe this crap!

But if I know insurance, extra money for repairs is always beneficial! I can get that pro steering stab!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.