YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey man, I'm From Alberta too. Grande Prairie to be exact, quite a ways from Fort Mac tho. Too f#@'n cold to ride lately, had it out on the lake at New Years it was like -5C and barely any snow,It was awesome. Then last week with the -49C wind chill it was brutal, couldn't catch me outside for longer than 5 minutes. . Probably even colder up where you are.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man, I'm From Alberta too. Grande Prairie to be exact, quite a ways from Fort Mac tho. Too f#@'n cold to ride lately, had it out on the lake at New Years it was like -5C and barely any snow,It was awesome. Then last week with the -49C wind chill it was brutal, couldn't catch me outside for longer than 5 minutes. . Probably even colder up where you are.
yeah the weather hasn't been cooperating up here lately. deff not riding season yet. hopefully in the next couple months i'll be able to get out for ride.

·
Registered
358 Posts
well im planning on going to brule sand dunes as much as possible during the spring and summer, well prob only on the long weekends. you guys ever been there? went once last year and it was fun but i only had razrs on my ltz462, next time i go ill have paddles and my yfz. picked up an 84 ford scamper motorhome so im all set for some good random camping. just need to pick up a 12' trailer for the quads. i heard vega is fun anyone ever been there? i go to waiparous a lot and its great, i have a 10k loop that i practice on. there might be an xc race out at rocky mountain house in the summer that i want to join in on. you guys ever visit "snow and mud.com" it has a sport quad section, not too many posts in there but its worth a try to find some riding spots.

·
Registered
282 Posts
vega use to be good, always fish cops out there now handin out fines, bruderheim got the same way. good riding spots in alberta are getting hard to find now. i ride brule all the time, its awesome out there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've been out brule a few years ago. deff going to hit that up again. Always wanted to check out vega, but never got around to it. I'd still like to make the trip north of fort mac to the dunes up there. hear it's wild. i've never done much riding around edmonton. would be nice to know a few spots around the city easy for a day trip.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ya I plan on making a trip up to Richardson dunes one day too. Lily lake is just north of the city it's alright to ride, long island lake is pretty good to. There's a decent Sandhill
a guy could do some racing.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've heard many people say Brule was the the best place to ride in Alberta. I still haven't had a chance to get out there yet. I'm really looking forward to getting out there at some point. I usually just ride Bruderheim and Bellis at the moment. I see cops and rec cops but I have insurance and plate etc so I never got any fines. I usually just stop and chat with them. I don't see any of the issues with cops being there that others see I guess. I heard they will give you a ticket if you cross a range road or township road. If they do then that is just upright stupid and laws should be changed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts