YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gents, has anyone tried one of these? Are they worth it?
Just checking before buying one.
Thanks

·
Registered
836 Posts
If your'e talking about the fuel screw- I just got mine yesterday. So, can't give an honest opinion yet. But if it makes adjusting that screw as easy as they say it does-then it's worth every penny.

·
Registered
773 Posts
You tell me...

Would you rather fiddle with a little tiny screw driver and a dark hole or simply a knurlled (sp?) knob? I've got mine, but I bought it from Ty's site not alba.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Zip Ty is the manufacturer of the replacement fuel mixture screw for the YFZ's carb, it allows you to adjust the mixture screw without pulling the carb and while the quad is running.

mine is on the way :rock

Attachments

·
Registered
983 Posts
i just put mine in the other day and i tell ya. im loving life. it is so easy to fine tune the carb. You wont know how you got along wihout it. Especially for me since i have big ole hands.
Trust me. its worth the dough

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got mine on monday and it definitely makes adjusting it easier.
I also rejetted while I was at it. It's kinda hard to tell the difference??

·
Registered
836 Posts
Got mine installed today. Definetely easier to deal with-than the stock setup. Have to say, that's it's still a Mother F-er to get to. Not bitchin, just commenting. Things are very cramped in there. How you guys do it? Do you, loosen the boots-then turn it sideways-to get to it ? I was trying to adjust it, in the run position. Had to remove the breather hose and turn my hand upside down-and then it was still a tight squeeze.

Am I mental, or what? Is there an easier way? :disgust

·
Registered
446 Posts
It is still hard to get to but you don't have to remove the carb, especially out in a dusty riding area. It is also easier to adjust more accurately since it is marked.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks guys.

I knew there had to be a better way to adjust the fuel mixture screw. I ordered one from Zip Ty today.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
how far did you turn your zip-ty in?? I installed mine tonight and there is a 1/4" gap from the inside of the knurled knob to the base of the carb. Does that sound right?

Also, after turning it out to 2 turns.. it appears rather loose.. almost flexes around a bit. Is this normal?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by FAST1@Oct 20 2003, 08:53 PM
Also, after turning it out to 2 turns.. it appears rather loose.. almost flexes around a bit. Is this normal?
Uh-Oh..... did you loose the "o"-ring? There should be a spring, washer and o-ring on the fuel adj screw.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
nope.. I carefully pulled all the stock components off the stock needle and transferred them carefully to the new needle.

after using it for a couple of rides/weeks, I've found everything is fine and the needle can be adjusted while running if I use both hands and index fingers...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Go to Albaaction.com

It was shipped to my house in 3 days for 28.99. The price on them is 21.99 But all the shipping fees and tax totalled to $28.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
albaaction only has it shown in red and i dont see a color select neither so im guessing they dont have them in any other color? does any other site have the same type of zipty but in blue? or chrome?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Just now ordered mine thanks to this thread,
kinda pricey but it's gonna be worth it.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by Asher@Nov 17 2003, 08:34 AM
albaaction only has it shown in red and i dont see a color select neither so im guessing they dont have them in any other color? does any other site have the same type of zipty but in blue? or chrome?
Nah, its only red... :eek

1 - 20 of 23 Posts