YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have or know anything about the full alba kits? im lookin to buy one soon. what do they sound like and do they have good power gains?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have it, and love it. I rode with a few other yfz's this weekend. They had different exhausts. Sparks, Yosh, and gytr. Mine was the loudest of them. If you want quiet, don't buy it. But, it definetly woke up my sleeping yfz. :rock

·
Registered
8 Posts
I JUST GOT MY 450 AND AM ALSO LOOKING FOR AN EXHAUST. I CHECKED OUT THE CT AT $629 (PIPE,JETS,K&N KIT), BUT THE ALBA IS MUCH CHEAPER FOR THE SAME STUFF... WHATS UP WITHT THAT? ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON WHY THE BIG PRICE DIFF?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Originally posted by CK'sYFZ450@Feb 4 2004, 08:53 PM
24v how did your alba compete in performance vs. the others
I can't honestly say, as the other riders were all way above my riding level. But, I do know, that when we got somewhere semi flat, none of them were getting away. :rock

·
Registered
542 Posts
170 main, 45 pilot, 2 turns on mix screw, ncvq needle on 4th clip.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm using the Alba pipe.
I think it [email protected]#$ing Rocks :rock
It's loud!!! and has very noticeable power.

Sorry,I haven't compared my YFZ with any other.

What does Kory Ellis use on his YFZ?
Isn't he backed by Alba??

·
Registered
29 Posts
he uses a gytr he used to have a alba when he rode the z-400

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by yfz57@Feb 15 2004, 11:02 PM
he uses a gytr he used to have a alba when he rode the z-400
i thought he went back to alba :what

·
Registered
542 Posts
Well, I changed my main jet to a 175 this weekend, and went to Gordon's Well. I didn't find a faster yfz there, so I would say the alba pipe is doing well. There were a few other members of the board there. I'm sure they will agree. :rock

·
Registered
542 Posts
Originally posted by 03'z400@Feb 17 2004, 08:41 PM
yea I tried a 168 170 and now have a 175...think that works for me
Hey, have you done the cam mod?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by 24v@Feb 17 2004, 04:51 AM
Well, I changed my main jet to a 175 this weekend, and went to Gordon's Well.  I didn't find a faster yfz there, so I would say the alba pipe is doing well.  There were a few other members of the board there.  I'm sure they will agree. :rock
he was outrunning my YFZ with the equivelant mods except a GYT-R exhaust system and no cam mod in 5th gear top end by at least 3 to 4 mph .

However I switched also to a 175 main from a 170 and things are different now.. thanks for the tip 24V!

you may want to try the 5th clip on the GYT-R needle if you have time. works for me with the 175 main

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hey Mike, I am actually goin to try a 180 main, and 48 pilot this weekend, after the piston. We will se how that works. :rock

1 - 15 of 15 Posts