1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought the Alba kit, (purple tinted pipe) and I'm very happy with it.
The pipe is loud. Very noticeable power.
No regrets here!!!!!!!!!!! :rock

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you use there recommended jetting?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Well the filter kit is only $100 bucks so the pipe is $350 I would rather have a Thunder Alley pipe.

But my buddy here has the Alba pipe in silver and its OK, loud and seems to rev very nice.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Pahrump@Jan 25 2004, 06:52 PM
Well the filter kit is only $100 bucks so the pipe is $350 I would rather have a Thunder Alley pipe.

But my buddy here has the Alba pipe in silver and its OK, loud and seems to rev very nice.
My problem is I have no patience, and Alba is like 15 minutes from my house. Also, what jetting would you recommend with there kit? I am doing the cam mod at the same time as the filter, and exhaust. From everything I have read here, I should be 48 pilot, 180 main, 4th clip on yz needle, and 2 turns out? Does that sound close? I do most of my riding at or near Glamis which is sea level, or real close.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
A 180 main seemed a little too rich on his.

He is jetted with a 45 pilot, 175 main, 4th clip on NCVQ needle and 2 1/2 turns out on the mixture screw.

It starts great and runs very nice.

He has K&N with airbox delete, cam mod, and Alba pipe.

His bike runs about 2 lengths behind mine (when on gas) and I have cam mod, ESR K&N kit, 13:1 piston.and Stock modified pipe. With a pipe I would really smoke him.

Now on the methanol I put about 10 lenghts or so on him...

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
So Pahrump, you're saying the Alba pipe is junk? I have a choice between Alba and Big Gun. I was thinking of going with the Big Gun Pipe. What do you think?

Before some says get a Thunder Alley pipe or something else I can't at this point. I have two choices, Alba or Big Gun.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I never said it was "junk"

And between those two I would for sure get the Alba, it has a good sound and performs well on my buddies.

But myself personally I would rather have a TA or ESR.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by Amergin@Jan 28 2004, 01:45 AM
So Pahrump, you're saying the Alba pipe is junk? I have a choice between Alba and Big Gun. I was thinking of going with the Big Gun Pipe. What do you think?

Before some says get a Thunder Alley pipe or something else I can't at this point. I have two choices, Alba or Big Gun.
dnt get the big gun......... my friend has one and it definitely doesnt put out the power the others do :red

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I just finished putting the alba exhaust on. Fit is great, and it sounds awesome. I also put a UM airbox in with k&n, and did the cam mod. As for jetting, I am on 4th clip on ncvq needle, 2 turns out on the mix screw, 45 pilot, and 175 main. i will let you know how it does after this weekend. It is defiently to loud to test in the street anymore here. :rock

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump@Jan 27 2004, 06:36 PM
I never said it was "junk"

And between those two I would for sure get the Alba, it has a good sound and performs well on my buddies.

But myself personally I would rather have a TA or ESR.
Hehehe, excuse me... Putt'n words in your mouth... OK, guess I'll be going with Alba then. Thanks for the random thoughts....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts