YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do these actually work? Wouldn't just unplugging it stop any air flow since the valve would inactive and be closed?

Will unplugging it yield the same results as deleting the whole thing?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
i don't think you will do much with just unplugging it. just purchase the gytr ais delete kit and install it. you will have a lot more room in front of your motor. and you will notice that the delete kit covers a hole that is left by the head of the motor when you remove the ais. this meaning any air flow will completely be blocked after installing the delete kit, if you just unplug the ais i think the air flow will still be coming out of the motor through that hole.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I took my AIS off and started the motor to see if there was a code thrown for it being unplugged, which there wasn't, and to see how it ran.

This is an EGR system. Exhaust gases are pushed to the valve and the computer tells it when to open, then they are sucked in the intake from the vacuum created by the piston. Calling it "AIS" is misleading, there is no "air" being injected, only exhaust.

All this most likely happens at lower rpms and increases the chances of the bog/stalling events this motor has.

I copied the shape of the metal gasket on some aluminum plate I had left over, drilled the holes, shortened the alan bolts about 1/4" and put it back together. I used Black silicon in the airbox hole and trimmed it off flush after it dried. Pretty much free mod.

Only thing is the cables are dangling near the pipe, I will zip tie em up somehow.

Before you say it.....its totally reversible for the joke warranty that covers nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.