YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When removing the AIS system on a 2017 yfz450 SE by using the GYTR block off kit, correct me if i am wrong, but i think i read in here in the forums that doing so can make some type of bracket break over time because the AIS components has the needed bracket. Is this true? If so what is the correct way for the AIS REMOVAL ON A 2017 without causing this one bracket to break....

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok when looking at the OEM PARTS FINDER from a dealer's website what section will it be under? Electrical? Engine, frame, sub menu?

What cable holder?

Cant i reuse the bracket off of the removed AIS system. Anyone have a pic of the piece that can break if u dont het the 13 holder?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Is that to cap off the plug that gets plugged into the AIS?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dumb question, when you say cable holder, you guys mean clutch cable holder?

·
Super Moderator
3,975 Posts
Yes....see the photo I added above! It also supports the e brake, and throttle cable and your breather line.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The AIS system removal is it gonna burn up more fuel or not enough to even notice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is the delete of AIS worth it power wise or just for weight. What are the pros and cons. I tried searching but i havent used tapatalk before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
519 Posts
if u already have the voxtex, it already turns it off. if not its probably not worth a whole lot of power. maybe .25hp. if you remove it thou it looks better and cleans up the motor

1 - 20 of 24 Posts