YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know guys it's a beating topic but b4 I dug into it I had a few questions, what do you do with the harness Connector that plugs in the ais system? Can you remove the system without taking off tank and Plastics? And lastly how tight do the block off plate bolts need to be? Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Bolts are torqued to 7.2lbs

I removed my front and rear fenders, side covers, tank cover, fuel tanks shield under tank and fuel tank to get to my AIS. There is a rubber and plastic cap that is attached to the back side of the tank that is used for sealing off the tank fitting and fuel line. I cut the finger off of a black rubber shop glove and zip tied it over the harness and it almost looks like it came from the factory that way. Push the fittings on the fuel line up then remove the lines from the tank. Be careful because the plastic is brittle. Good luck!

You have 2 options:

1. Gytr-pros clean, cons no cable holder or metal breather pipe holder mount

2. 2013 holder- reverse of above

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
The 2013 holder has a cable holder and the little bracket that supports the metal breather line that is attached to the valve cover. Picture below. I removed the AIS completely. The breather line can be handled by using the stock breather box or run the breather line straight to the ground like the 450 dirtbikes or "t" it and put a filter on it. Do a search there are some good photos on this site.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right on, I'm going to go ahead and do away with the whole system so just remove the electrical connector and let it hang? And cap off the head with the block plate ,and cap the air box and it should be good to go?

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
I left my plug hanging however, you could ziptie it above your your radiator.

The rubber cap in your gytr kit goes on the bottom of the intake boot. You can use the hose that is attached to that fitting to reroute your breather line. I pulled the black mesh off the hose. See the above photos.

You may want to ziptie the clutch and throttle cable down somehow?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.