YFZ Central banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

In need of some help understanding the benefits and the causes of doing the AIS delete mod. I've got a 2015 R and my current engine/tuning mods are the vortex ECU / Dasa shorty exhaust / Fuel customs intake.

Any feed back would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Just take off the AIS. That was the first thing I did when I got my quad. Not only does it clean up the entire area in front of the fan but its will also help minimize the dreaded factory bog. And also help with throttle response when punching the throttle. Yamaha specifically makes an AIS block off plate now so im sure they didn't make it for no reason. The AIS just adds to all the emission garbage the 14s-15s came with. There is no down side to removing the AIS.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The 2013 bracket holder and order the gasket , done

No need to buy a kit .. Just buy those parts .

Plug airbox with a vacuum cap

M

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, Polaris! Does anyone know off hand if the removal of the AIS is an easy fix? I tried looking it up to see if there were any instructions or any videos on youtube but couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did anybody need any different programming done after the delete. I deleted mine and it runs fine but just checking if anybody adjusted the fuel map after doing it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed the 13 bracket on my new 2014 that has a total of 6 hours on it. I used the old gasket..... should I have got a new one to install???

·
Super Moderator
3,975 Posts
Nope...your fine reusing the original gasket assuming you didn't damage it during the swap.

The vacuum cap has an ID of 12mm for the OEM intake tube!

I have a rough how to on the Delete somewhere on YFZ Central...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nope...your fine reusing the original gasket assuming you didn't damage it during the swap.

The vacuum cap has an ID of 12mm for the OEM intake tube!

I have a rough how to on the Delete somewhere on YFZ Central...
Hey, I need some help. I just bought a 2017 yfz450R and I don't know much about it yet. I have read that one of the first things I should do is delete the AIS. This might sound really stupid but I'm suuuper confused about it. So after doing some research I've realized that the AIS has already been deleted off my bike because it isnt there. But what I'm confused about is the block off plate and what its purpose is?? As you can see in the picture... there is nothing to block off or cover. Am I an idiot? What am I missing? Do other year models have a hole there? How did it work before it was deleted if there is no hole?

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Hey, I need some help. I just bought a 2017 yfz450R and I don't know much about it yet. I have read that one of the first things I should do is delete the AIS. This might sound really stupid but I'm suuuper confused about it. So after doing some research I've realized that the AIS has already been deleted off my bike because it isnt there. But what I'm confused about is the block off plate and what its purpose is?? As you can see in the picture... there is nothing to block off or cover. Am I an idiot? What am I missing? Do other year models have a hole there? How did it work before it was deleted if there is no hole? View attachment 93129
You either don't have a 17, or someone put a pre ais head on it. Only 2 options

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Weird. The bike is definitely a 2017 but the cylinder head is obviously not. I had assumed that the AIS was included on all 450r's. It looks like the AIS was introduced in 2014? which means that yes, the head or the whole motor has been replaced/switched with 2013 or older. Which is annoying because I thought that I was buying a basically new bike that hadn't been messed with. Now I'm wondering why a $500 cylinder head was replaced because I'm sure it wasn't just to delete the AIS. Hoping there wont be any issues come up because of this. Previous owner of the bike is not responding.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts