YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just bought 2014 YFZ 450R and wanted to get some reviews on the AIS delete if it really works and how easy it is to install?

·
Super Moderator
3,997 Posts
The AIS delete is easy and it reduces backfiring and removes the emissions equipment from your ATV.

You have two options:
1) GYTR delete kit negative you loose your cable holder on the exhaust side of the engine.
2) Buy the 2013 cable holder and I believe a vacuum cap that is zip tied to the bottom of your intake boot.

Holder Part# 18P-11395-00-00 for $13.75

I went with #2 because it looks stock and supports the cables. You will have to pull all your plastic and your gas tank to get to everything easy unless you have small hands....lol. Note: the plastic cap and rubber plug on the fuel pump mount are used to plug your fuel lines. I reused my metal AIS washer and I torqued the AIS bolts to 7.2lbs. If you do a search for Kilroy's posts you will find photos and more info on this topic. MikePeavler is running the same setup as well as several other members.

I believe standard81 has an electronic copy of the service manual for torque ratings.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thank u for ur feedback my next question does totally eliminate the bog or limit not as much as normal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The AIS delete kit will help reduce the backfire and bog but not totally. Only way I found to get rid of the dreaded bog backfire is with the vortex ecu/cdi. Ran with a full exhaust, AIS delete and removal of air box lid and it's gone 100%.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts