YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
it is a small flat head screw inside a recessed hole on the front, bottom of your carb. the idle is located on the upper back of the carb with a black thumb wheel for adjustment.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
You can get to it by twisting the carb, laying on your back, and holding your mouth just right.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Right yall are but I believe that everyone knew what the fella was talking about.

Give em a break...

And actually its a MIXTURE screw if you really want to get technical

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well said Officer Doofy! :lol

j/p Pahrump please dont ban me

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump@Jan 18 2004, 06:08 PM
Right yall are but I believe that everyone knew what the fella was talking about.

Give em a break...

And actually its a MIXTURE screw if you really want to get technical
Actually it's just making really clear what it is. My instruction say FUEL screw and if there is any chance of not knowing exactly what it is they'll be messing up the settings unknowingly thinking he's doing the right thing. When there is a chance you think we are adding air when in fact your adding fuel, you have a problem. That is all, just actually could be helping the person out. Officer Doofy! :lol :lol
jarsong

·
Registered
168 Posts

The air mixture screw is in the hole just below where the screwdriver enters the carb.

In this pic I'm removeing the pilot jet.
Daddogs site mentions turns vs jetting/clip settings.

Use a long thin flat screwdrive like I'm using in the pic. The small pocket instrument type just don't quite work.

Be gentle, the carb is made of cheap pot metal and you can over do it and strip the threads.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I like how you go to the trouble of parking your bike on it's nose to pull the pilot.

Geoff.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just installed the Zip-Ty fuel screws this weekend on the YZF, YFZ, and WR. Should make life a lot easier. And for those of you wondering, Alba told me they were backordered until the end of January, but I got them right away. Wierd. :)

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
OK

Funny thing in the YFZ450S servie manual it does not even say what it is??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts