YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day guys,
I have to wait 10 days till my pro design filter gets here.
So I need to clean the stock one.
What do you guys wash it in?
What oil do you use & how do you apply it?

Thanks in advance, Geoff

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I use k&n filter cleaner, and oil. You spray it on, let it sit, then I kinda wash it in a 5 gallon bucket half full of clean water. Be sure not to twist the filter, it may tear. Let it dry over night, then coat it in k&n filter oil. Put it back on, and smoke a Honda....

:yfz

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I got that UNI Foam filter cleaner, and Foam filter oil. Just spray on that cleaner and let it soak in a bit, then run some warm water and make sure u let the water run from THE INSIDE OUT!!! if u let the water run from the outside in, u r only pushing the dirt even deeper into the filter. So do that and then put it in the sun to check if uve missed any spots. if so, spray that cleaner on again, and do the same procedure. Then let the filter sit for a long while. Cause that thing takes forever to dry. Once its all dry, inside and out. Spray the oil all over, start on the outside and ten the inside. Work the oil in with ur hands by massaging it. (be sure not to rip it) And then u should again put it in the light and see if any spots were missed. If u didnt let it dry all the way you'll notice that there are spots without oil. Thats cause oil and water dont mix. Thats why i cant stress enough to let it completely dry. After is thouroughly oiled. Let it sit overnight. In the morning put in light for one last time to make sure its all even and also that there are no rips. Install. Yeah, i know its a long procedure, but to many people neglect the filter and thats why there engines mess up. :nono :nono :nono Its the simplest thing to take care of. So no one should lag on it. BTW, my K&N is in the mail as i post. :lol :lol :lol No more messing with foam for me. :yfz :yfz

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by cjpoole1@Oct 15 2003, 05:28 PM
you forgot to mention putting filter grease around the seal that butts up to the airbox.
:lol Yup...sorry :lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts