YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had any problems with the stock air filter letting dirt/sand through. I dont want to spend the money on the pro flow or other aftermarket system if I dont have to

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you want better flow go with the K&N wth outerwear. You will not be disapointed, I just saw a noss kit with outerwear on Ebay for $99 Just type in yfz450 and it should be at the front of the list that price is great

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
stock is ok, but aftermarket will give you more power. heres something to consider. foam filters: less peak hp, but easier to clean. fiber (such as k&n) produce greater hp, but are slightly more difficult to clean. IMO, ditch the stocker and get a pro design pro flo kit with k&n-you wont be disappointed

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
To anwser your question....I ran my stock filter at Glamis for 4 days straight (oiled the filter) and when I removed it, it almost looked like mud, but there was not one bit of sand on the screen nor any inside the intake boot. I was really surprised myself. So if you like your bike the way it is, then you don't need an aftermarket filter. Just clean your stocker real good before any dune trip. :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
While your at it, think about replacing that brick wall of an intake w/ something a little straighter. Not just an aluminum part to hang a filter on.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by selector@Nov 22 2003, 05:06 AM
While your at it, think about replacing that brick wall of an intake w/ something a little straighter. Not just an aluminum part to hang a filter on.
whats that mean?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by bunkerking217+Nov 21 2003, 10:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bunkerking217 @ Nov 21 2003, 10:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--selector@Nov 22 2003, 05:06 AM
whats that mean? [/b][/quote]
If I could post pics I would show you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
For the first time in ATV history, Yamaha has mounted the air filter in an acceptable manner.

It is fine to leave it stock, if you keep the filter cleaned and oiled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts