YFZ Central banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting parts ready to order for my new YFZ 450 that I don't have yet.

So Far I know I want a

HMF Full system in Blue
Sand Tires with rims
shock covers
a little bling bling chrome parts
And a airbox

for a air box magicracing.com has a Aluminum Air Box, with a cover and filter for 229.98 is that a good thing to get for a yfz?

Nossmachine.com has the same set-up but its in plastic comes with a metal flange, the airbox, all hardware, k&n filter for 135, plus you can get a outwear for a extra 15 bucks

I know um Racing sells just the metal aluminun air box for the yfz for 229.90 with nothing else...

My next question is should I order something that comes with a jet kit since I'm adding all of this stuff the pipes, and the air box stuff would changed the jetting big time--even if the pipes come with a jet

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I got my UM box of ebay brand new for $160 with no filter. I can give you the sellers name if you want.

For the $199 straight from UM you get the box and a K&N. I didnt want the K&N.
250R filters fit the box so you can go with whatever you want. I went with my favorite, Twin Air.

·
Registered
542 Posts
What about the CFM airbox? You can get it off ebay with a filter for $155.

·
Premium Member
11,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is there much of a difference if I add that CFM air box compared too:

getting the ( http://www.nossmachine.com/airboxkits.htm ) witht he 10% off I was going to get the free filter cover for it then I was going to go to (http://www.ehsracing.com/products/yfz_450.php ) and get a new lid.

135 +90=225...

for the cfm its 129.95 (box)+12 s&h+50 filter+ 15 for a filter cover= 206-207

guess its cheaper but does it gain me more? I wwas going to go with the other way cause it seems like a bit more protection...does there box work good?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the um it looks great but I am having to send it back becase the brackets broke.I have heard that they are too rigid and wont flex so they break.I dont know if mine was from flipping over or not but have heard of other people with same problem.I would get the ron woods intake and use stock box or get the noss adapter and use k&n. U.m. air box from magic racing 169.00 + K&n 39.99.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I HAVE A CFM AIRBOX AND FILTER AND I LIKE IT. THE ONLY THING WAS THAT ONLY THREE OUT OF THE FOUR HOLES LINED UP TO THE FRAME. BUT EVEN THREE ITS A SOLID FIT. AND WITH THE FILTER I HAVE TO TAKE IT OFF TO GET THE AIR BOOT ON AND I HAD TO STRETCH THE FILTER OUT TO GET ON THE CLAMP. OTHER THAN THAT I LIKE AND CAN'T WAIT TO GET RIDING TO SEE HOW IT HANDLES.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have the CFM airbox installed. It is nice, but there is a problem where the lid meets the seat. My lid is cracking because the seat hits it in the back of the lid, and it wears on it. I added some foam to spread out the load. :|

·
Registered
134 Posts
Do you need to re-jet if you use the CFM air box w/ the UNI filter?

:wtf

·
Registered
542 Posts
The hetting should be the same as the stock airbox with no lid. Maybe one bigger on the main. Also, if anyone wants a UM airbox, I have a brand new on here I will sell. $100 obo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts