YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deal with all the bad talk about these intakes leaking sand and dirt into the motors. I think my girlfriend just got me this intake and its on the way, however I've been doing a little reading and have found alot of info that says these are junk. Have these issues been addressed?

*broken tab mounts
*leaking rubber boots
*crappy filters

·
Registered
279 Posts
I will tell you that whoever your sources are don't know what they are talking about because I have had no problems with mine at all. My filter stays cleaner with this setup then with an airbox because there is nothing to trap the dirt & make it sit on the filter. PLUS NOTICEABLE POWER INCREASE !!!!!!!!!! So before you call something junk that you haven't ever tried give it a chance then call it what you want.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
My ESR intake has been very good to me, the only thing is the outerwear rubed against the filter and casued two small holes, but now they make new outerwear and heard thats not the problem

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not calling it junk. Just stating what I've read on here. Don't think that I'm bashing this product as I was the one who told her to buy it. :icon_cool:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yes, some have broke at the tabs and that issue has been taken care of. It is less than 1% and some it might have to do with the install or maintnance. We have a new filter that is in my opinion better than a k&n, although it is heavier due to more paper element. Rubber boots?? no issues with that, but again if somone has had problems it may be due to overtightening or not tight enough.

You should have no problems with this kit, make sure you do some basic maintinance and it should last a very long time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think people who have had problems with dirt/sand getting past their filter most likely didn’t oil it properly. I have had mine in the dust/dirt/sand many times and my intake is always clean. Good job ESR!! :clap:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I've got two rides on my intake and 2 impressions.
Power: Definately worth the money.
Quality: Leaves some to be desired.

After one ride I took the filter off and took a flash light and looked down the intake and sure enough there is dirt. Not sure yet where it came from but it kind of makes me disappointed. Might go with the new fuel intake.
Why are all the connection point so loose? Couldn't yall have made the aluminum pipe where the filter bolts up bigger so that it fits better? What about the rubber hose that clamps to the carb? Not a very good fit there either. :icon_frown:

·
Registered
90 Posts
i just installed mine and rode once it stayed way cleaner than stock and the power was incredible but i do have to rejet now :icon_neutral:

·
Registered
90 Posts
actually mine leaked a bit the inside was dirty when i checked it :angryfire: ima be pissed if it does it again.. and its installed the best i can get it. and as tight as it can go :wtf:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Originally posted by PIPEDOUT450@Dec 29 2005, 12:45 PM
Well I've got two rides on my intake and 2 impressions.
Power: Definately worth the money.
Quality: Leaves some to be desired.

After one ride I took the filter off and took a flash light and looked down the intake and sure enough there is dirt. Not sure yet where it came from but it kind of makes me disappointed. Might go with the new fuel intake.
Why are all the connection point so loose? Couldn't yall have made the aluminum pipe where the filter bolts up bigger so that it fits better? What about the rubber hose that clamps to the carb? Not a very good fit there either. :icon_frown:
[snapback]347113[/snapback]​
id definitly have to agree with you. maybe a k&n filter fits it better idk but the same thing happened to me

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by smokie1@Apr 6 2006, 12:15 PM
id definitly have to agree with you. maybe a k&n filter fits it better idk but the same thing happened to me
[snapback]405987[/snapback]​
Same with me. Lets dirt trough every ride. Then again I live in the desert and it's very dusty.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Originally posted by dvwa@Apr 6 2006, 02:59 PM
Same with me.  Lets dirt trough every ride.  Then again I live in the desert and it's very dusty.
[snapback]406134[/snapback]​
im trying some silicon sealant to see if that helps at all i put it on but havent ridden yet its too damn rainy in yay area

·
Registered
232 Posts
:icon_neutral: do you guys, Really see a INCREASE IN PERFORMANCE? im debating on a intake system. i here this is pretty good. what do they go for?

·
Registered
348 Posts
there is a definate increase in performance. i always put a small amount of grease on all cannections when i put my intake together, i think this helps seal it up, i have not had any problems with dirt in my intake. esr prising is awsome on this part

·
Registered
90 Posts
mine leaked cuz i thought it was oiled from esr :nono: it wasnt but i oiled it all up and put some sealant around the openings and it stayed clean as can be.. so now im happy with it .. i hope it stands up to sand :icon_eek: :icon_frown: im sure it will. and the power is noticeable over stock, sound better too

·
Registered
90 Posts
Originally posted by PhatBlackYFZ@Apr 16 2006, 03:27 PM
Ya I guess you guys dont hate them that much now do you.
[snapback]411543[/snapback]​
i dont get it why would that pic change ne ones mind

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Originally posted by smokie1@Apr 25 2006, 08:39 PM
i dont get it why would that pic change ne ones mind
[snapback]416625[/snapback]​
What are you talking about,that in my signature :loser: Quit bitchin about your esr and go ride.All mine ever sees is sand and filters great. :mhihi:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts