YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to purchase an aftermarket thumb assembly? I know Moose makes one....but will the stock cable fit in it? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Ive never heard a good thing about a Terrycable throttle assembly. whats wrong with the stocker??

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol! nah, i flipped it last week, and on the way down, i think when it hit the ground it just broke off or something....lol i dunno. i just know i tried to ride it and there is no throttle. ill take a pic later this afternoon.

·
Registered
827 Posts
i got mine in glamis after my thumb went dead after 20 mins of riding...best 35 bucks i spent on the bike...so far.

plus it looks nice being billet and all.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by Mustache Ride@Dec 3 2003, 02:41 PM
i got mine in glamis after my thumb went dead after 20 mins of riding...best 35 bucks i spent on the bike...so far.

plus it looks nice being billet and all.
do you have any pics of the new setup???
how is it configurated so that it is more comforable than the stocker???

i went to glamis weekend before tg-day and my joints in my thumb still hurts :bawl

...but i can't wait 'till i go back day after christmas :lol

·
Registered
827 Posts
wish i had a camera or else i would post it.
it extends out towards you more and more to the right. basically its just a bit bigger but what a differene it makes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put a twist on mine, but my buddy put a 400ex Thumb on his, and the actual lever is from an Honda 90 4-wheeler. It is much longer and has a much better feel to it. A lot of the GNCC pro's run this setup. I rode it and it felt a lot more comfortable than the short Yamaha one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I saw a few gncc guys at ironman with the thumb throttle off of a Kawasaki Mojave on theirs. They told me it was alot easier to push. Mojave's throttles are small and have a round housing.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Don't know about the rest of you but the stock seat is a Pain in the A$$ after a day of riding in Glamis! Rode down to Vendor Alley the very next day and picked up this seat cover with an extra inch of foam from Cascade and the Billet throttle lever. Installed them right there and off we went! WOW, what a Big difference! :lol:

Click here--->CASCADE

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Bansheebob - Im diggin your seat!! How much was it?? I never notice the seat at all on the track but at the dunes I sure do. I busted my tailbone in February and it still friggin hurts sometimes

·
Registered
217 Posts
I like that cascade thumb throttle. Did it really help with the stiff thumb? How much longer is it? Did you get the banshee / blaster throttle?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by bunkerking217@Dec 1 2003, 03:52 PM
Does anyone know where to purchase an aftermarket thumb assembly? I know Moose makes one....but will the stock cable fit in it? Thanks! :)
Yes the Moose billet thumb throttle will fit the stock cable. It should come with a couple of different adjusters to be able to make it work. The advantages are the adjustability of the throw and the ability to accept larger carbs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts