YFZ Central banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has upgraded the swing arm on their 4 fitty, and would you buy the same one if you were to do it over again. Why?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
124 Posts
i like the stock swingarm. i think it is great cuz its all one piece and adjusting the chain is easy especially with the markings on it

if i were to buy an aftermarket one tho i would probably go with a roll design just because they are reliable, had one on my kfx400 and it lasted a full racing season in good condition

·
Registered
500 Posts
I was looking into the tucker too. A friend of mine has one on his Raptor and it looks very well made. They didn't have stock length or skid plate mounts ready yet though........JIM

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Jim, We offer -2, -1, Stock, +1.25, +2, +3, +4 for the YFZ now. The skid plate tabs are on the way. Should be January.

Watch for the review on the Pro Arm on this site in January. We are shipping the arm next week.

Happy Holidays!

Shawn
Pro Sport ATV

·
Registered
500 Posts
Originally posted by T-man@Dec 20 2003, 01:11 PM
Jim, We offer -2, -1, Stock, +1.25, +2, +3, +4 for the YFZ now. The skid plate tabs are on the way. Should be January.

Watch for the review on the Pro Arm on this site in January. We are shipping the arm next week.

Happy Holidays!

Shawn
Pro Sport ATV
Shawn,
Thanks for the reply...I'll pass the word on.........JIM

·
Registered
500 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ450Flynster@Dec 3 2003, 08:08 PM
Who has upgraded the swing arm on their 4 fitty, and would you buy the same one if you were to do it over again. Why?

Thanks in advance
I recently installed a Lonestar stock length swingarm and it was one of the easiest and best fitting aftermarket parts I have ever bought. The quality looks to be high; will know more after I get some seat time on it. It comes with carrier and brake caliper mount spacers/brake rotor hub. It has Honda style chain adjustment and runs YFZ axle products.......JIM

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a TBR Products swingarm coming for the Stadium Series. They use the stock swingarm geometry (which is why these bikes handle so well) and it also uses the stock carrier. When you incorporate a round house carrier, the geometry changes when the suspension cycles. Also, the stock carrier has four bearings while round house have only two. This will also keep the cost down by not having to buy another carrier.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey WP,

Can you explain how the geometry changes when the suspension cycles? I just want to understand that more.

By the way, our round house carrier is a twin row (4 bearings) carrier.

Happy Holidays!

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
85 Posts
To be honest with you, I am not really educated on the workings of suspension, but my information comes from one of the most knowledgeable, most respected men in the industry : Wayne at PEP. What I mentioned is what he told me and beyond that I would be bullw00terting you.

·
Registered
479 Posts
wow, those are some sick swingarms!!!!! i love that chrome looking one.. but then don't you have to get a skid for it/ i have a prm one, i guess its useless if i get a new swingarm right?

is that chrome or stainless?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts