YFZ Central banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Maybe Lonestar made the GYT-R parts for Yamaha, and then they're going to sell them under the Lonestar name as well. GYT-R parts aren't typically made by Yamaha, I think.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Actually GYT-R parts are desingend and engineered in house, and they don't use competeing companies for manufacturing. LS did see a bike for a short time for other reasons.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I know that the pipes Ferry and Vullimen run are not made by Yamaha. I read in Transworld MX that some European company that I cannot recall (Arrow, Doma, ???) manufactures the pipes. And my GYT-R handguards are made by either Acerbis or Maier (again, I forget :oops: .

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ferry's pipes are made by Yamaha, that is a fact, and Vullimen's runs a 2-stroke and Yamaha dosn't make 2-stroke pipes.

Yes handguards are made by both Acerbis and Cycra.

I

·
Registered
325 Posts
I found it- In the May issue of MXA, it says that Muzzy makes Ferry's GYT-R pipe. So ha! :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did you see where it says the a-arms require shorter shocks? I wonder if they did this because they know shock companies are going to have shocks for it from the get go? I don't know for a fact but I think the Yamaha a-arms work with the stock shocks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I found it- In the May issue of MXA, it says that Muzzy makes Ferry's GYT-R pipe. So ha! :D
8) Not to cause problems, but I have an inside source and that was an incorrect statement made by MXA. It is a 100% fact the Ferry's pipes are made through GYT-R.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I dont want to cause problems either but Vuillemin races the YZ450f. Not a two stroke. :) at least at the outdoor races. Apparently it caused quite a stir that the switch was made.
Isaac

·
Registered
126 Posts
:( Ouch, pull your foot out of my A$$, you are correct. I called my buddy and confirmed, and he is running the GYT-R also (From Yamaha)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Alright- maybe they are made by Yamaha. I don't know. I was just going by what MXA said, so if they're wrong, them I'm wrong as well. And Vullimen is indeed 450F mounted for the Nationals.

·
Registered
210 Posts
lsr has had a bike for a few weeks now. its a sponserd riders bike thats getting done up. and no lsr isnt making the aftermarket parts for yamaha

·
Registered
107 Posts
GY"T-R clarification

Ok, here is the deal with GYT-R....

They are designed and engineered In-House at Yamaha.

They are built by companies other than Yamaha, exclusively for Yamaha, using the GYT-R name.

As for Lonestar...they are not making the GYT-R parts, but they did have a unit in their possession 2-weeks ago already though! They are working on the parts, but aren't fully ready yet other than a few prototypes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts