YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a aftermarket exhaust to be honest dont know what it is. it says ss and has like a chevy logo on it almost lol. But the problem is that it is a full exhaust system with the header and everything but it dosent have a heat shield. it dosent look like the stock heat sheild can fit on it because there are no mounting holes on the header. Is there a way to fabricate something to mount it onto the header? My buddy has a honda 400ex and his snow pants melted from the head pipe and he didnt even notice it. i dont want that to happen to me becasue the head pipe on the yfz sticks out more than the honda. so the question is can i fabricate the heat shield to mount onto it? And the second question is will it fit? the stock head pipe and mine look the same but i dont want to buy the heat shield if it wont fit.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
A lot of aftermarket heat shields use a stainless steel hose clamp for a universal fitting. I bought the Monster exhaust heat shield for my Dasa header & mid pipe.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lot of aftermarket heat shields use a stainless steel hose clamp for a universal fitting. I bought the Monster exhaust heat shield for my Dasa header & mid pipe.

Do you think that the stock heat shield would work? What do you think i need to do to make it fit?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I took the stock heat shield and welded up some nuts on my aftermarket head pipe. Looks factory.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took the stock heat shield and welded up some nuts on my aftermarket head pipe. Looks factory.
Mine telling me where you got the nuts and post of pic of it? And the stock heat shield fits?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Mine telling me where you got the nuts and post of pic of it? And the stock heat shield fits?
The stock heat shield, or any shield is just a matter of where bolt or mounts were placed. Correct spacing, and marked locations is key! Any welding shop should be able to fab mounts for this task. You could also always use a high quality exhaust wrap as well.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I can just buy the heat shield and bring it to a shop and they can make the mounts?

·
Registered
155 Posts
The stock heat shield, or any shield is just a matter of where bolt or mounts were placed. Correct spacing, and marked locations is key! Any welding shop should be able to fab mounts for this task. You could also always use a high quality exhaust wrap as well.
Good Luck.
Couldnt have said it better. Thats right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.