YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search and found a couple after market cam post but no one seemed to have anything, only webcams cause they have some for the yz450, the dates where around 2 months ago. Is there any updated news on aftermarket cam's? has anyone tried using a set of webcams from a yz450? any info will be great

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I know that Ron Woods has cams for the YFZ

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ron woods as in from rotax.net? if it is i dont see nothing on there site, i guess i will have to give them a call. has anyone tried any aftermarket cams yet?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Yeah give them a call. I have been speaking to Elliott at Ron Wood's for a while about a new carb to run methanol and he told me that they have cams for the quads ready to ship. I did not go into too much with him about them but I know that they have them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
last time i talked with curtis sparks they were making cams for the 450 too he was in the process of testing them when i talkd with them so you might want to give them a call too

·
Registered
159 Posts
If anyone finds out any more info on aftermarket cams, please post it. I was thinking of getting some but being duals its going to be expensive.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Well Elliott told me that they would produce gains but not too much as the YZ cams are pretty aggressive as it is, so therefor I did not look into it any further.

But call and find out firsthand and report back what you all find.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i spoke to Elliot yesterday and he said they do have a set of cams for the yfz450, the price was about $430 and that is sending your stock ones in, i asked him about the gains if they are in low/midrange or mid/highrange and he said he could not answer that cause they never tried the cams alone. He told me by the time someone goes to do the cams they already have a exhaust system with aftermarket air filter and such, but one thing he did give me numbers for is for there stage 2 kit (dont know about stage 1?) it was about $2k and comes with exhaust, cams, carb and more i think, he did say that will produce around 17 more hp. I will mostlikely call sparks today and see what they say about the cams

1 - 10 of 10 Posts