YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a fully after market exhaust for my YFZ. I have always has a YOSHI on ym other quad, i also like the sparks. BUT i NEED to reuse the stock heat shield. I wear shift pants that go over my boots. They would get melted with out a heat shield. I went to yosh's web site and saw nothign about thier exhaust for the yfz.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the GYTR has a heat shield.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
The Yoshimura pipe has always had tabs for the stock heat shield. The Sparks pipe currently does not - BUT....in talking with them 3 days ago, they said it was in the works. They actually said that it would have been released this week, but the first sample batch of tabs were cooked at the wrong temp. at the heat treaters, so they were all bad. They have just received in the new tabs this week, and said they would have pipes with the tabs on them ready for sale in about 3 weeks. I ended up going with the Yoshi's full Ti system - mainly cause it's a great product and reasonably quiet without sacrificing Hp. Sparks makes a good pipe no doubt about it, but they said they are getting 10Hp+ over stock which I think is stretching it just a little, and there definitely is a conflict between the pipe and the kick start if you decide to add that to the bike.

End of the day, you really can't go wrong with either!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts