YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When adjusting the front shocks, there are two plates to grab with a spanner wrench. when turning the top plate is the one below it supposed to move also?? am i doing something wrong? :nono
also how the hell do you get to the rear shock? cant see a way to get that wrench onto it, to turn it, without removing the shock?

Help :D

first quad, learning as i go, but i aint skeerred to rip apart to learn.

:yfz

·
Registered
336 Posts
The top ring is just used to lock the bottom one, loosen the top one up completely then ajust the lower one till you get your preload to the desired setting the retighten the top one, thats it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hold the bottom one with one spanner and spin the top one up and out of the way. Then adjust the bottom one to where you want it, and then tighten the top one back into the bottom one to lock them both in place.
You should put the quad on some sort of stand, I used a 5 gallon bucket, to take the weight off of the shocks to make it easier to spin the springs.
You can get to the back shock with it on the quad but it is tight. I had to take out my airbox. Good luck.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought the wrench and still had a hard time with clearance.

So I went to the original tools, a hammer and large flathead screwdriver. I had no problem getting to the rear one. Also I have not had to readjust or tighten in 6 months.

I had the same issue with with both nuts moving when I was trying to loosen the top one only. It really didn't matter it just took longer. I found that if you pulled down on the spring then the bottom nut would stay against the shock and you could spin the top nut by hand. This was after you broke it loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts