YFZ Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well on canadian thanksgiving weekend i cracked the stock swingarm

so first on the list was a jb racing swingarm

i picked upa set of long travel elka shocks and linkage and lonestar aarms from my friend and long time sponsor at xtreme motorsports and local shock builders pro tech suspension have them rebuilt and will be picking them up tomorrow. i also got a 12.5:1 wiseco piston and new timing chain as well as chain and sprockets.

here is my frame powdercoated mirror blue

my matching subframe

as it sits right now hope to have my rear shock linkage, rear wheels and front end all bolted on by the end of the weekend

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes sticking with yellow and black fenders. i figured keep the retro look with lots of stickers on the fenders and go with the yamaha theme on frame, subframe and swingarm next winter i'll get the a-arms done and possibly a few other things. well its the second time i cracked it in 2 years i guess this "gimp" is still hard on his stuff :mhihi: . the 04 swingarms were garbage most people i know with 04/05 yfzs trashed the stock units. biggest i jumped my yfz is roughly 60 feet sitting down.

·
Registered
736 Posts
It was either the whoop section or 80fter that did mine, but mine is an 06. I wasn't taking a chance and replaced it with a houser.

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
Looking good man. I really like that blue you went with. Those JB sub frames are nice aswell.

Good luck with your build and racing season :clap: !

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its a stock subframe and i have noticed that too i might jody a call i think the stocker was like that. jodys an awesome person to work with. i like how he cuts part of the swingarm housing out to save weight in the back as well. all i know is chain adjustments will be finally do able for me :icon_biggrin: cause the 04/05 style wasn't unless i pulled a wheel off. i picke dup my elkas today really stoked on the job done to them. it was a headache gettin them (bank reasons) i am scratching every penny i have to build/rebuild my yfz gotta love being acollege student and havin to travel 2 hours each week to ractice w/c bball with your team

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
I'm sorry man I meant to type swinger.

Where is the play coming from that you guys speak of?

I ran into the same problem when I installed my Gibson with an East Coast ATV brake stay. The problem was that I was using a LSR brake bushing or guide which was a tadd smaller then the waht it needed to be. After talking the guys over at ECATV the told me that the bushing I should've been using was one from a 250r or one of their bushings. On the '04-'05 year round house swingers for these YFZ's everything is basicly a 250r set-up. SO you can litterally buy a 250r carrier and convert your whole rear end to accept 250r components.

·
Registered
912 Posts
QUOTE (CADWELL @ Feb 13 2009, 10:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746110
I'm sorry man I meant to type swinger.

Where is the play coming from that you guys speak of?

I ran into the same problem when I installed my Gibson with an East Coast ATV brake stay. The problem was that I was using a LSR brake bushing or guide which was a tadd smaller then the waht it needed to be. After talking the guys over at ECATV the told me that the bushing I should've been using was one from a 250r or one of their bushings. On the '04-'05 year round house swingers for these YFZ's everything is basicly a 250r set-up. SO you can litterally buy a 250r carrier and convert your whole rear end to accept 250r components.[/b]

there is the notch on the plate which slides on the brass piece that looks as if its pressed onto the swingarm. it jiggles on that. i think either the brass piece needs to be larger or the hollowed out piece on the brake plate needs to be smaller. because of this i chew through brake pads 10x faster than normal. if you are having the same problem im gonna call him up and let him know so they can correct it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i got my a-arms and front shocks mostly bolted together this weekend. didn't get any pics. reason for saying mostly bolted i'm missing an a-arm bolt and well the bolts i had for my bottom shock eyes are too long because if you have lsr a-arms you don't need nuts and well after wrenching on one realized the bolt was too long. oh well. i'm going back home in two weeks and hopefully. i will have close to a rolling chassis. it was a good thing i remmebered to pull off the tie rod ends off the stock tie rods before i sold the stock front end

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i got the elkas, lone stars, steering stem, felxx bars all mounted. put in new brake pads yesterday, got my bumper mounted. will have the motor in 2 weeks. just waiting for some parts for my elka linkage. still need a nerf.
here's some pics from my cell phone

suppor those who support you

now its starting to look more like a quad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts