YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just went to install the AC racing grab bar and noticed that it doesn't have any place to mount the rear brake. I was going to take that off anyway. How do I remove the rear brake? There is a white plug on the wires do I just pull and it comes apart? Help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
just unplug the wires, un bolt the light, find the nearest trash can and insert.

If you take of the rear light you can also take off the brake light activator because it becomes useless (the black box above the brake pedal with a spring connected to the brake lever

·
Registered
743 Posts
Which bar did you get? The one with the number plate? If so you can hang the light back up. :)

:yfz :rock

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys. After further inspection, yescan hang the brake back up.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I just put on my AC grab bar, but how exactly does the number plate mount? If you use the mounts on the grab bar, it'll hang at a weird angle. I just want it to hang straight down.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that on mine they put the AC racing sticker on upside down. Should the plate angle away (towards the back) from the quad slightly or should it angle towards the front of the quad?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by ZRider@Feb 2 2004, 02:08 AM
I just put on my AC grab bar, but how exactly does the number plate mount? If you use the mounts on the grab bar, it'll hang at a weird angle. I just want it to hang straight down.
thats how its supposed to be

·
Registered
304 Posts
Originally posted by ZRider@Feb 1 2004, 09:08 PM
its not suppose to hang straight down, its better for it to hang back.

my grab bar came with brackets to use the brake light, but i left it off.

·
Registered
210 Posts
the reason that the number plate is at an is when your suspention is colapesed it wont hit your rear swing arm. to mount the light, you bolt it back up using the fender brackets that should come in the hardware kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts