YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in here looking for directions and got some good pointers, but just wanted to throw my experience out there in case anyone orders.

Like most people, my skids came with no instructions. installation parts included 4 bolts......2 long and 2 short, 2 washers, 1 1/2" spacer, 2 1/4" spacers, a nylon self locking nut and a small metal plate and a hook looking attachment.

I stood the quad up on it's rear to do the install. use one of the short bolts and the hook looking attachemt first. hang the skid in place and the hook goes over the front bar right below the front bumper and the bolt goes in through the bottom of the skid. mount this one first to get it to hold itself up but don't tighten it all the way yet.

second, take the metal plate, the larger of the 3 spacers and washer and locking nut for this one. the plate actually goes on the bottom side of the chassis right above the mounting hole. Save yourself the grief and go to the hardware store and buy a couple of washers and a bolt that is at least a 1/2" longer. the supplied one won't cut it! insert the plate, then slide the skid into place and insert the bolt with washer and put a washer on the top side of the chassis over the bolt and start the threads.

use two of the stock hex key bolts for the front two bolt positions of the skid and use the 2 small spacers and the 2 long bolts for the rear. once you get them all started, you can tighten them all down. if you tighten any of them early you will more than likely run into issues with everything lining up properly.

The only true problem was the bolt with the metal plate not being the correct size to fit properly.

I will have pics later if anyone runs into issues with an installation and feel free to pm me if you have questions.

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
122 Posts
The kit that I got used a countersunk phillips head screw for the front hook thingy so its smooth on the bottom. Yours didnt have this?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NOPE. i tried it with the spacers and everything else to get it to look like it fit RIGHT but no can do. it's nice and snug and out of the way now.....but overall i think they could have done better. I've got someone putting a bug in AC's ear about their quality control at the moment.

·
Registered
210 Posts
so who's the bug?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts