YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got some AC propegs and the front mounting bars that bolt to the engine mount have about an inch and a half to two inches of space (in other words the mounting bars arent flush with the engine mounts). The hardware included did not have spacers... I found something that would work as spacers but was just wondering if everyone else had the same situation I had.

·
Registered
503 Posts
there was another guy that didn't get them that posted on here as well. they are supposed to come with a 1/2" spacer for each side. mine came with them.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I didn't get mine either. I just used a stack of washers. Works great.

·
Registered
48 Posts
AC will should send you out some spacers if you did not receive them. The right side engine mount bracket took me 45 min to get lined up. The aluminum bar was about 1.75" away from the frame. A Dremel, Rags, muscle and some locking vice grips took care of the mis-aligned holes.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've been reading some very bad reviews on the propegs at bluetraxx. Seems AC's quality control is going to crap. Too bad, I was gonna order a set. Looks like I'll stick with the regular ones.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ439@Dec 29 2003, 05:48 PM
I've been reading some very bad reviews on the propegs at bluetraxx. Seems AC's quality control is going to crap. Too bad, I was gonna order a set. Looks like I'll stick with the regular ones.
the stock pegs on the yfz are nice and wide, so i dont really see the need of getting propegs. though, the gibson propegs sure do look nice. steel pegs that are replaceable whereas ac has aluminum ones that are attached permanently. are the ac standard nerfs as bad as the propegs? i know on my z, my propegs bolted up pretty good. no complaints on my end. shame to hear the company is going to w00ter :disgust

·
Registered
157 Posts
Tainted Glory, I haven't heard anything bad about the standard nerfs. And from my previous experience they were always the highest quality, not so sure now, though.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I chose the AC propegs over other types mostly for the look... I don't have any complaints except for the lack of spacers. But I've got spacers in there now that look almost identical to the AC spacers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts