YFZ Central banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide which way to go. AC pro peg nerf bars of should I go with the AC nerfs and IMS pegs? I just started getting in racing and I love it. The YFZ rocks. I am thinking of getting the Alba pipe kit as well.

Thanks for the help.

Maverick

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I like the propegs by AC but the pegs wear a little quickly and you may need to resharpen them after each season or so.

As far as the Alba pipe kit I have the whold kit brand new that I changed my mind about after I already ordered it. I have it listed in the for sale section and am selling it for alot less that Alba wants and mine is brand new also. If no one from here buys it in the next few days I am just gonna list it on ebay.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
stock pegs are pretty sweet on the YFZ, i just went with the std nerfs and im happy with em. they were at least 50 bucks cheaper than the propegs too

·
Registered
25 Posts
One thing i noticed about the new progegs is that they have the built in healgaurds. I've ridden a 400ex with them and i didn't like them. some do, some don't. I like the ims pegs with the ac nerfs on them personaly. :lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea that is what I am starting to lena towards is getting the standard nerfs and then later getting the IMS pegs.

·
Registered
304 Posts
propegs are junk. take it from someone that owned them before. each time i was done riding i could tell they were getting duller. aluminum does not work for footpegs, stick with the stock ones (which are nice), or get the roll design pegs with standard nerfs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yea i think im gonna go for the ims pegs and ac nerfs but they seem to hold up alot better but does anyone know where to get the ims heel guards?

·
Registered
812 Posts
My AC pro pegs bent (they started to bow down) after only about two rides. I admit I didn't have the heel guards, which seem to hold them up, but I was not impressed. I would stick with separate ones.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Originally posted by DirtDragon@Nov 10 2003, 11:39 AM
Can you use the stock heelguards with the x-factor nerfs?
only if you go with there standard nerfs. these bolt up to the stock pegs and stock heel guards.

there pro pegs wont fit the sotck heelguards

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
If you get the frame gusset kit from lost creek, which i strongly recommend for any racing application, you can use a 250R style pro peg which eliminates the heal gaurd and lowers the peg 1 inch. THIS IS THE CORRECT SET UP FOR MX

·
Registered
503 Posts
just thought i would throw this out there. I bought the AC propegs setup before i saw the ims ones, but if interested, www.atvaddiction.com sells the AC propegs for 189 which is 1 mr. benjamin cheaper than most places i've seen them. I will give them a whirl until they are thrashed before i go invest double for the IMS pegs/nerf setup.

·
Registered
983 Posts
well thats just friggin wonderfull. i just bought the ac propegs from magnolia and should be in transit as we speak. i weigh in about 280 and you are telling me that the aluminum pegs will bend down? if that happens im sending those mothas back in a hurry.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Originally posted by seatec@Nov 18 2003, 12:27 PM
well thats just friggin wonderfull. i just bought the ac propegs from magnolia and should be in transit as we speak. i weigh in about 280 and you are telling me that the aluminum pegs will bend down? if that happens im sending those mothas back in a hurry.
there great pegs! i ran them on my 400ex. BUT....they are alumminum and this means the pegs will wear down. NOT bend its just the teeth will need to be sharpen'd and filled (sp?) down every so often

and....u can NOT run the AC pro pegs with the kicker, the kicker will not clear the welded in heelguards.

so again i say x-factor :lol

but, if u dont want a kicker the ac's are great. and unless you ride a bunch the wearing down of the teeth shouldnt be too big of a problem

1 - 19 of 19 Posts