YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, got my propegs today, put the netting on, got them halfway mounted. i have never mounted propegs before, I hear you have to drill a hole on some models, is this needed for the 450 propegs? It came with 4 bolts, and I know the two mount near the oil tank, I am guessing the other two go on the peg somewhere. Any tips that could help me out?
Thanks alot

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I got the propegs on my bike too. Im not sure what the extra bolts are for. I just set them to the side, and forgot about them. I rode with the bars today for the first time and they didnt fall off so I guess i did them right? Maybe the longer bolts are for variations in production of the brace that connects near the oil tank. Maybe sometimes they are further away than other bikes, if that makes sense???

·
Registered
10 Posts
those extra bolts you guys are talking about are actually used when you drill a hole vertically down through the footpeg area and through the black steel mount slide that bolt through the hole put the washers and nylock on and the nerfs are fully installed, not that they would fall off with out them but it gives you that extra sturdyness of the nerf.

if you have any q's about installation call me and i can fax you a copy of our NEW instructions

714-808-8330 x-20

ryan

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Originally posted by FLYINRYAN@Oct 9 2003, 07:44 AM
those extra bolts you guys are talking about are actually used when you drill a hole vertically down through the footpeg area and through the black steel mount slide that bolt through the hole put the washers and nylock on and the nerfs are fully installed, not that they would fall off with out them but it gives you that extra sturdyness of the nerf.

if you have any q's about installation call me and i can fax you a copy of our NEW instructions

714-808-8330 x-20

ryan
Well that makes sense. What size hole should I drill? I would like to do this cause i did notice a little bit of a vibration and would assume thats what would cause it. Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
3/8 " drill bit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts