YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the AC Propeg nerfs and when i went to install them i found the front brackets do not fit flush with where they bolt on to the bike. The frame on the yfz gets in the way and there's about a 1/2 inch space between where it bolts up and the bracket. I'm just wondering how other's installed it and if i should pick up some spacers...or what....Thanks guys!

·
Registered
983 Posts
did you leave the peg bolts loose before mounting the the tabs to the motor mount?

and if i remeber right there should be two aluminum spacer in the ac nerfbar kit. if you dont have those contact the vendor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I didn't get any spacers with the kit. It came with the bars, netting, the mounts that slide into the pegs, two long bolts (which i can't figure out their purpose) and two shorter bolts for the front brackets...

·
Registered
983 Posts
well, if the pro's are anything like the standard ac nerfs then they need two (one for each side) aluminum spacers for the motor mount tab.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
those two bolts are to mount the Nerf bar to the pipe that mounts where the old pegs where. You have to drill a hole all the way through the two.

·
Registered
983 Posts
you know. maybe its just me but when i order something and there is some kind of drilling or othe fitting required you would think they would inlcude FRIGGIN Directions!!!. I got the AC propegs in and was looking at the peg/tubes replacements. and was scratching my head for a second. Where have all you propeg users drilled your hole at. closest to the frame? A pic or two would also be helpfull for people following in your footsteps.
Thanx

-Anthony

·
Registered
152 Posts
i got um to and every one i know who has them had problems with them. a stands for= a hammer requird
c stands for= caution drilling requird

all you need is a big rubber malit and a bad temper. that how i made mine fit

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HAHA, you guys are nuts! I talked to AC finally, and they are gonna send me the spacers. I guess I'll see where installation goes from there. I'll post some pics when i get 'em on.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I just installed mine. In the steps it has you leave all of the bolts untightened. and then drill the holes. No biggie, just use a good drill and bit and it's cake. I had a little difficulty getting of of the front engine mount bolts started, but once it went it was fine. once both engine mount bolts are started and the peg holes are in place, i would suggest pulling them and tightening the peg bolts at this time. otherwise you probably won't be able to get to the top one at all. then finish up and web em!

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have already installed Ac's standard nerfs on my quad but am gettgin ready to put the pro pegs on since they drop the pegs a little. So, what im asking, am i the only one then who didnt get any directions with his nerfs? WHere do i need to drill the hole. Simple question needing a simple answer. Let's go guys. Does AC want the hole horizontal or Vertical and and where?

·
Registered
503 Posts
hole is directly in the footpeg from top to bottom. drill the hole right where you would be standing. there is a spot big enough to fit the bolt and spacer down inside there and jsut drill straight down. no biggie !

·
Registered
503 Posts
better read your instructions again man? are the loose in the rear end?

were supposed to use the 8mmX40mm bolts up front along with the 1/2" spacers on front engine mount bolt.

on the rear, remove the pegs and heel guards. Use stock bolts from peg mounts to mount the ac pegs. do not tighten until nerfs are mounted.

mount the nerf bars, get teh front bolts started, once both of those are started, i would tighten the rear bolts by the pegs. then drill the hole and you should be usign the 8mm X 55mm bolts along with two nylon self locking nuts on the bottom..

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Guys - let's get some things straight - there is no drilling holes on AC's pro peg nerfs. They bolt where the pegs use to go, on either side of the oil res, and slide connect in front of the res. If anyone is drilling anything, you are wrong....stop!

Things you will have to do which I've confirmed with AC (easy when they are 4 blocks down the road from you). You will have to bend the nerfs into position to make them fit - they admit a not perfect shape due to the cooling process when they are formed.

You will still probably have a gap even after you use the spacer to bold the bars on either side of the oil res. You can either use more spacers, or screw the nut on and tighted until you bend the aluminum post attached to the nerf bar until its tight.

There is slight movement from where the bar is screwed into the frame by where the old foot peg use to be. if you over tighten, you will lock up the rear brake lever. You must leave a little loose.

they don't include instruction - I don't know why? Only thing I can guess is that with two bars and a couple fo bolts to choose from, I feel it's intuitive enough that most people here on this site can figure it out.

Good luck with the bars!!

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Negative Ghost rider......(velocity 111)

I slid my pro-pegs on with ease, and everything fit together fine, but with the pro-peg sitting (sliding over) on the pipe where the old foot-pegs mounted they were very loose and slid out an inch or more (Because aluminum is not very rigid.....and will flex with ease). All the hardware in the front was tight.

So with out drilling holes through the peg, and pipe they slide over, and using bolts to go through HOW DO YOU SUGGEST they remain tight with out bolting them together?

I drilled holes, and used 3/8's bolts with a flush head under the peg and loc-tited them, and my pro-pegs are very stiff now, and don't budge an inch. If I want to remove them, I simply un bolt them, and slide them off.

I think AC racing made a half-assed product when they couldn't come up with a decent way to secure the pro-pegs in the back and thus resulting us coming up with our own solution ;)

And mmxer68...who are you talking to with an attitude like that? we are all here just trying to help each other out, and gather info.....no need to get all pissy :re

1 - 20 of 28 Posts