YFZ Central banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sup :what

ok, hey guyz,
Well, i made up my mind..... i want a yfz i thought i was getting a 450r but you know yamie rules, well all you guyz make the came mod sound so easy i dont think so,... it looks complicating and you can reall seriously mess up your motor.......... what makes it so easy!!! honestly?? i saw the cideos at eskimo and i dunno man that is not somthin i want to do??? do you its fine for somone who can go off those vids or should i just have it done becuase the vids are ok but not that great>>>> thanks if you can answer this....

mike

·
Registered
631 Posts
if you've work on motors before & are mechanically inclined you wont have to much trouble

andy

·
Registered
264 Posts
If it seems hard just by looking at it. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT DO IT!! This kind of work is not for everybody. If you have doubt or no knowledge of engines have someone help you.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I printed out the step by step instuctions, nutted up and did it, I noticed a huge difference after I rejetted. Just take your time and make sure you do it right.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by wildman77@Nov 25 2003, 10:19 PM
just go slow & you'll be alright
Just like wildman77 said... go slow and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I worked up enough courage to do it yesterday myself. Now I can build car and truck motors, but I was still a little nervous. I had never even turned a wrench on a bike. My only experience was with bolt-ons. All you will need is sockets: 8MM, 10MM, and 17MM. A torque wrench ft-lbs or in-lbs, Zip tie, flat blade screwdriver, rags, oil, and most of all patience. Take your time!!!

I only had one problem. It took me a while to actually manuever the exhaust cam so I could move it one tooth. To make it easier I marked the sprocket and the chain with a sharpie so I would know. Also make sure you put your parking break on. If the quad rolls in gear your marks will no longer be aligned :lol .

When I was done, I actually was nervous to start it. Pulled the choke out half way and it started like nothing was even done to it. Checked for leaks, let it warm up and then.....Irratate the neighbors for the next 15 min on the block!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Originally posted by Roller@Nov 26 2003, 06:39 AM
Just interested if everyone who did the cam mod noticed the biggest increase in the top end?
Definitely. I rode today and it was a lot stronger on top.

BTW, most of the jetting suggestions posted here on the cam mod are not accurate. You don't need to jet at all for this change if you had it right before. I'm exactly where I was and it's dialed. You're changing the exhaust event, decreasing the LSA and increasing exhaust scavaging. If you work on cars and have installed cams you'll know what I mean.
I did BOTH Hotcams on my Z400, gained a ton of power and the jetting stayed the same. There, I said it. And rememberm we can always run 'em. :rock

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by cjpoole1@Nov 24 2003, 04:57 PM
dont be scared fat kid ;) J/K on the fat kid, couldn't resist
:D lol lol lol im not super fat just a little cubbie lol, well when I get my 450,heres what im gettin i got about 5k to spend!

gibson front end,elka shocks
ac fron bumper
ac grab bar
hyper beadlocks blue or whatever scheme is out to match
the 05's 450's
mx tires
tag t2 bars
rear +4 axle
rear elka to match
cam mod
fmf titanium 4 exhaust or curtis sparks,tc exhaust...
jet it
air filter
ac pro nerfs
what ever grahpics match and looks cool..
l.e.d tailight
power shifter
racing carb
full skid set

:re :D :D :ihit

but selling the blaster too!!! so after this comming summer if anybody wants to buy an 04 blaster with the mods in my sig, and probly alot more ill sell it for like 2,500 and it will be in mint cond......only because im a neat freak!!! lol :lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts