YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Doesn't Good Year make a run-flat ATV tire? I thought they did but maybe it is only car tires still. That is amazing you can ride w/ no air in them and it is still fine!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by YFZCentral@Aug 2 2003, 01:11 PM
interesting.... :wtf Several companies make run flat tires. They are extremely hard compound though, but good concept! basically there only good to get u to the nearest place to fix the tire.
The way I understood it, it will work on any ATV. Its not a special tire.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is it like the same thing that is used in bulletproof cars ? I saw this show on discovery where they showed how they make a car bulletproof. They place a solid piece of uhmw material(like plastic) inside the tire so if someone shoots the tire they can still drive another 100-150 miles. Is it similar to this ? :what

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by CHAUNCY@Aug 2 2003, 11:39 PM
Is it like the same thing that is used in bulletproof cars ? I saw this show on discovery where they showed how they make a car bulletproof. They place a solid piece of uhmw material(like plastic) inside the tire so if someone shoots the tire they can still drive another 100-150 miles. Is it similar to this ? :what
nope

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah, I saw this in action a few weeks back on Jeff's quad. It is an amazing product. You could ride an entire race with all four tires flat - and barely even notice! I have no doubt that every top GNCC rider will have a set on his or her quad.

·
Registered
26 Posts
he proballay has tire selant in his tires and put co2 tanks some where on the bike or inside the rim so he can push a button and they are full again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts