YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
09 YFZ 450
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 09 YFZ 450 (carb) I’m not that good on working on quads but I know a bit so bare with me but everytime I start my quad the idle is high and I can hardly rev it while idling I free like im banging over the rev limiter but when I put it in gear it and ride a bit it does sound like it slows down a little bit can anyone help me fix this? Is there a screw I can adjust or anything?

·
Registered
09 YFZ 450
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Has it always done this? Or is this something that has just started happening?
Ok so I got this quad off of someone like a month or 2 ago and its done it since I got it and I’ve been riding it fine but my friend had mentioned it so now im wanting to fix it but the guy I got it from had it kept in a garage for like 6+ months and the only problem was a dead battery but it was a simple fix. It does have a slip on so that may be what it is and supposedly it had a tune but I dont know much about what was done to it. I will make a YouTube video of it idling and rev it so you can hear it and understand better I’ll do it when I get home and post a link

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I haven't watched your video yet, but there is an idle adjustment screw on the carb. You may try adjusting that first.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
So you twist right to raise the RPMs and left to lower?
yes, but adjust the idle after the bike has warmed up. A little high idle is ok. The video didn't really sound too high but I am guessing the bike was cold too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts