YFZ Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my YFZ almost 4 weeks old.

On this side you can see the polished starter cover and powder coated cover over the cams.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here you can see the polished side cover and oil filter cover.

Also notice the bolts are polished as well as the front engine mounts.

Also you can see the top engine cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was thinking about polishing my clutch cover, well now after seeing yours I am going to. Nice job, looks good! :D

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Karizz@Oct 12 2003, 04:06 AM
I was thinking about polishing my clutch cover, well now after seeing yours I am going to. Nice job, looks good! :D
Thanks, it really needs to be polished right now, my whole bike is kinda dirty but I wanted to show it off. :lol

It is super hard to polish, the paint on there is like some crap I have never seen before, I used Aircraft stripper and ALOT of elbow grease. I would suggest getting it sandblasted.

But hey I think the work was worth it it loks pretty good.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comps fellas. :lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is the clutch cover painted? If it is you can use acetone on it and then polish it up. That is what i did to my emblems on my truck

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good info about the sandblasting.

the parts are painted but the paint is the best stuff I have ever seen, and the primer (its kinda white) is like etched into the part and once you get the paint off with stripper, or acetone, you have to sand the parts to get the primer out of the pores.

But hey its worth it.

I am gonna get a few more parts done and a few more PC'ed and then clean it all up and post more pics.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looking sweet, I think i am gonna have to get some things PC'd now that I have seen how good it look on everyones bikes. Pahrump have you ever though about using that sealer for after polishing, they say it lasts for a year without having to repolish and it is easy to apply. I think the name starts with a Z or something.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Never heard of the sealer, but it sounds like a good idea.

I was gonna clear coat them but the rattle can clear always makes stuff look dull, so I am gonna have to buy some auto clear maybe and spray them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts