YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I bought my son and I two new YFZ 450's.

We ride at Dumont and Glamis Dunes.

Any suggestions on what size and brand jets both main and pilot, and other settings like forth or fifth clip, and how many turns on the screw?

Also, where do I buy the EHS airbox lid? OR do you just run a K&N with an outerwears and no lid.

Whats the consensus? Any suggestions where to start?

I called several Yamaha dealer service depts and got discouraging remarks like: "Why do you want to re jet?" "What do ya want to do that for?"

So with attitudes like that, I'm doing the job myself, and I'll start right here asking all you that have bragging rights from doing it youselves.

Thanks, you've all been very helpful and I appreciate it.

I'm stretched out paying for these quads, and I want to get it just right. The thought of a toasted engine(s) is making me be cautious.

I liked the White Brothers E series exhaust. Any thoughts on those?

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Originally posted by yfz450 kid@Dec 4 2003, 04:16 PM

I bought my son and I two new YFZ 450's.

We ride at Dumont and Glamis Dunes.

[/b][/quote]
Love to see families riding together......

I ride with my family at Glamis too......even my 78 year old grandma rides out there.

P.S. I run the full sparks exhaust, Alba K&N filter with Outerwear, and no lid. With that I'm running a 170 main, 45 pilot, ncvq needle (YZF dirt bike needle) on the 5th clip. 2.5 turns on the fue mixture screw. I run this set up at the dunes as well as the tracks, and it seems like a good combo.

Best way to start is by looking at all your jets, and write down what they are (and how many turns on the fuel mixture screw your set at) so you'll have a good idea on where to jet from there.

I have no info on the white bros. exhaust...sorry......

But search around the site here on jetting topics, and there is more than enough to get you started. If you need help with How to get to the jets, and what they do, then just ask.

Welcome to the site!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by edgerat@Dec 4 2003, 04:29 PM
http://www.yfzcentral.com/invision/index.p...ct=ST&f=8&t=908

read that, if you have anymore questions you can certainly ask away.
Isaac
Wow what a thread!

Didn't notice it at the top of the forum.

Thanks to both of you for your help,

I re jetted my raptor with the pipe and filter and I couldn't believe the power gain.

Like the YFZ better, miss the Raptor a little, but if their's more power to be had with my YFZ 450,, I'm all for it.

-

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
you can also contact Bob at Magnoli Tractor to purchase your YZ needles and all the pilot and main jets you require at a discount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts