YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havn't gotten a YFZ yet and am getting impatient :angry :blah but I was wondering if I could put wider arms (+3) on the stock shocks when I get it........ I only weigh 90 pounds by the way........ I understand suspension and all very well but I was just wondering what weight the stock shocks are valved for and if yall thought i could just turn the compression all the way to stiff and it be ok........ my friend put +2's and weighs about the same as me and it was fine for him...... so i was j/w if yall thought i would be ok doing that........ thanks a lot..... Trey

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by YFZ-suprfly@Sep 15 2003, 07:39 PM
holy shit 90 LBS that thing is gonna fly with you on it!! :rock
thats the idea :rock :woo

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
LMAO-you could use +3 a arms on stock shocks, but your riding will be severly limited. there is an equation that explains this, but i forgot it. anyway, since you weigh 90lbs, it would work for a while, doing casual, relatively low speed riding. any jumping isnt advised. save your money and get everything at once-get teh full effect. man, i know what youre goign though too. im dying to get my yfz! hopefully, ill have it by jan-feb, but who knows xmas is coming!!!!

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Tainted Glory@Sep 15 2003, 07:50 PM
LMAO-you could use +3 a arms on stock shocks, but your riding will be severly limited. there is an equation that explains this, but i forgot it. anyway, since you weigh 90lbs, it would work for a while, doing casual, relatively low speed riding. any jumping isnt advised. save your money and get everything at once-get teh full effect. man, i know what youre goign though too. im dying to get my yfz! hopefully, ill have it by jan-feb, but who knows xmas is coming!!!!
thanks man...... its just my friend got +2's and raced at lorettas and did fine but i dnt know.............. ill just wait til i hav the money for laeger long travel.... (not the T-Pin tho )(i wish) but just laeger/PEP and it will be all good..... thanks a lot........ Trey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts