YFZ Central banner

What brands have you liked the best

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everyone experience with a-arms on finish, performance, price, customer service, fit and set up.
Also make suggestions if they are not listed.
Thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
Cool i was first to Vote, RATED X WINS!!!! haha, they have awesome costumer service, the finish is really nice, the are strenght tested and are freakin stronger than a rock! The work really well, the look good, the just set the bike off and they give really good ground clearance, travel and an awesome stance.

IMO RatedX is the way to go, there new A-arms are unbelivable, and they look sooo SWEET!

ive ridden all types of suspension, Houser, Epic, Alba, Roll Design, alot of top name stuff, and Rated X definatly is one of the best. The stance that they give is just awesome, and there customer service, like i said, is incredible, Erik is a wayy cool guy and he is all about the constumer.

He has even given me the tour around the entire shop, through the back, checkin out all his Quads and stuff, he is wayy siik! :neener:

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
i havent used all the brands, but i like the houser because they are...

strong
easy to install
easy to adjust/setup
have roller bearings instead of sleeves on the pivots
the lower ball joints are stock items, easy to get
and they are priced competively

best of all, low maintanence

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
One thing I really liked about the Housers were the needle bearings in the pivot. I saw that in there ad and was like :shocker:

I have LSR DC-4s, but did not vote. I have no complaints with them (although needle bearings would be nice to have instead of a plastic sleeve) but I have absolutly no experience with other a arms.

Rath uses heims on the lower a arm where it mounts to the frame. Im not a fan of heims. That and the price steered me clear of those.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Originally posted by AfterMind@Aug 14 2006, 09:31 PM
One thing I really liked about the Housers were the needle bearings in the pivot. I saw that in there ad and was like :shocker:
[snapback]469787[/snapback]​
you'll like them...untill you have to replace a set of them. then you'll really be like... :eek: ...once you see the price for a new set. the derlin bushings last just as long, if not longer and cost ALOT less.

·
Registered
551 Posts
i have never heard of half of these companies .what is a arse or rated x are they like brother and sister knockoffs not made in the usa types or what???

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I voted Rath, I have both Rath and Fox, but the Rath's are way more adjustable. The Lower heims are bigger than the heims that Janssen uses at the spindles, the will not break. All the heims are self lubricating on the Rath's, and you can adjust - 1/2 to +1/2 foward with the spacers, and can fine tune the camber/ castor a little better than you can with the Walsh's. They are both a great choice, the Rath's being harder to setup because of all the adjustability, the Rath A-arms are built with the same quality as all the other parts Rath makes, but the quality on the Walsh's are right up there with the Rath's. Both Rath and Walsh put you right below 50" with 4-1 offset rims, both use 18 1/2 shocks, and they're both around the same price. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i have roll and i love how easy they were to install and the way they look.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Originally posted by BCBUD@Aug 14 2006, 10:38 PM
i have never heard of half of these companies .what is a arse or rated x are they like brother and sister knockoffs  not made in the usa types or what???
[snapback]469848[/snapback]​
The arms that you're refering to as Rated X arms that you also say look like ARSFX arms actually belong to V2 Products and are only available through V2 or Fuel ATV. I know Rated X is working on some new arms.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ive had real good luck with lonestar lt. Super strong and have put them through it. Have some housers lt's coming and am anxious to see how they work.

·
Registered
624 Posts
PFF - where is Alba?

Edit - I really need to look at the origonal post date

·
Super Moderator
3,100 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts