YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day guys,

anyone got extended arms yet? or what are you ordering or recommending?

Thanks Geoff.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was wondering about this as well. What are the advantages? How much do I redamp my shock?

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Well i have burgard +2's in the mail. In order for me to run these shocks, I need new brake lines since the arms are longer, and new shocks. You CAN run the stock shocks, but they will be wayyyyy to soft. Also, Im going to either need a new axle in the back, or spacers to make it just as wide as the front. But for shocks, i will be running elka tripple rate. :woo

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm getting the PRP Long travel with custom axis 17.5in shocks. Looking at the lonestar, roll, and a few others I really like the PRP the best. Those other guys shocks set at like a 45degree angle and looks funky. The prp works really well. 250 Pro rider Johnny Hale has that setup and loves it except he uses PEP shocks I dont want to wait several months for my shocks. If you are interested give him a call @ 918-371-0101 JHRacing parts and accessories.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks, but what do the longer a-arms do? I know this sounds dumb, but I am just starting out. I have the wider back axle, because of it's obvious advantage. How does it displace your weight?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G'day guys.
I'm looking at getting the lonestar that take standard length shocks, re build the standard shocks or get ohlins down the track.
Or should I get the lonestar a-arms that take 18" shocks and upgrade to the longer shocks straight away.

I'm wanting to lower the 450 as much as practical to suit m/x

Thanks in advance, Geoff

·
Registered
36 Posts
Either one is better than stock. but when i do order the parts i am getting long travel b/c look at what all the top pro's are running . i personly like long travel b/c it gives like three more inchs of shock travel and you said that you were going to get shocks in the long run you mise well get long travel figure this re-valve stock shocks499
arms760 new shocks 800 so that is like 2060dollars by the time you get every thing done in the long run so you can get long travel for that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree with long travel is the way to go . I rode Greg Trews 400ex (that he rides in the gncc's) this past weekend and it was like riding a cadiallac. I was sitting down in the whoops and it was soaking every little bit of it, i couldn't believe it!!!! :O I would have never dreamed of an atv riding so smooth in my life... HE had Laegear long travel with pep zps all the way around with the laegear swingarm around back. I got back on my 450 and it felt like i was gettin beat to death, Well at least my chain roller was in one piece thanks to pep relocator kit :woo

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've odered Elka long travel front shocks along with Lone Star +2 matching a-arms. They were ordered about 2 weeks ago and lead time was 4~6weeks :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts