YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
somebody suggested jansen as a possible manufacture, I cant find there website and dont know much about them. Any info would rock

thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Janssen Racing- janssenracing.com #1-920-766-3411 ask for Joel. I just got my longtravel set-up from them and they seem to be great guys haven' tgot everything yet but i have dealt with alot of companies i have raced and modified quads for over ten years and he knows what he is talking about they also do all their own shock service, like walsh and the other good guys, anyways so far i would highly reccomend them jsut from first impression i will post pics when i get my front end and swingarm- they are in wisconsin which is close to me matbe you too it is nice to deal with someone somewhat local to ya, you know?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, theres another post on here questionng Gibsons welding quality, so I'm looking at other options.

I should take this oppertunity to say this will be my first set of aftermarket a-arms, so i have no prior experiance with a certain company or even riding a bike with a-arms. Im really hard on my bikes and will be racing mx/duneing/freestyleing with it so it has to hold up.

Thanks for the info on janssen, looks like I was mis-spelling it. What shocks are you going to run with them? Any idea on the specs?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
First, theres another post on here questionng Gibsons welding quality, so I'm looking at other options.

That is a rumor, I know who said it on this site. Im about 99.99777% certian that it is just something he might have heard from someone who heard it from someone's friend.

I have Gibson pro pegs on a 250R and they were on my banshee.

The banshee ones I sold to a friend. Just last night I was comparing the welds on them to a part we got from Shark Racing (dead forum). There was absolutly no comparison. the Gibson welds were pretty much perfect everywhere. The shark welds, ummm no comment.

A guy that rides at my local tracks has a Gibson front end w/axis on his 250R. Believe me, I looked very close at it and it looks top notch.

Not trying to tear into anyone, I just hate to see "rumors" affect what people feel they can get, and letting you know what I have seen.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by Tampa450@Feb 26 2004, 11:51 AM
I have Gibson pro pegs on a 250R and they were on my banshee.

The banshee ones I sold to a friend. Just last night I was comparing the welds on them to a part we got from Shark Racing (dead forum). There was absolutly no comparison. the Gibson welds were pretty much perfect everywhere. The shark welds, ummm no comment.
Their nerfs are made by X-Factor

·
Registered
146 Posts
hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm lets see about that they are totaly different arms walsh adn gibson...i had gibson on my 400ex and my buddy had walsh on his 400 and can u say way different in alll of goood ways...get it srtaight/....psh :moose :moose :moose :moose :moose :moose

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Originally posted by CTYfzrider@Feb 26 2004, 11:46 AM
i hear gibson copied Walsh's design.
From what I've seen Walsh and Gibson a-arms look nothing alike. I'm still looking for the pic that has Walsh arms mounted. It's around here somewhere...

Oh, CTYfzrider has Walsh arms. Got any clear pics of them mounted yet?

Walsh

Gibson

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Well they used too. Mike was even saying they did. Ill get new pics tomorrow of more of it done.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So any report on how those Janssen a-arms are?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I still haven't got them from janssen along with my shocks and rear shock. When they come in i will pm you onthegass anyways i ordered elka quads with comp adj. and janssen swingarm and rpm dominator and they are converting my rear shock to zps all total it was 3000$ shop around i found this to be a very good deal good luck you will be really stoke when you ride whatever you end up getting there is a huge difference from stock at least in my other bikes but the yfz is pretty good stock anyway goodluck

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have the Janssen arms and Elka quad rates. I have only put like 30 minutes ride time on them so far but I can tell you that I am very satisfied with them. I got the deal off ebay that comes with the shocks, arms and new brakelines for like 1600 or so. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Heres a pic of my ride with everything bolted up:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...20/f984869d.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts