YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have hit the spindle w/ a rubber mallet. Tapped on the actual balljoint lightly so I wouldn't mess up the threads or anything. Is there anything that yall know how to do to help it come off? My Z400 arms were a little easier than these! Thanks in advance. Trey :yfz

·
Registered
122 Posts
i would put some lube on it and im sure their not used to be taken off right when u get it because they arent loosened by riding it

·
Registered
151 Posts
this has worked every time for me. to remove the upper, hang the quad by a strap and hook it to the outside of the top a arm. then using 2 hammers. hold one on the spindle, and hit the hammer w/ the other hammer. you don't have to hit it hard, and i never leave a mark on the spindle.
for the lower a aarm. hang the quad by the spindle. and use a block of wood or nylon hammer and smack the lower a arm and it will pop right out. sounds crude, but it works. DON'T use a ball joint spreader. you'll rip the boots. jmo. anyone else have a better way?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just whacked it with a hammer, came right out. And there was no damage to anything either lol.

·
Registered
304 Posts
put a nut on the ball joint threads, only screw it on maybe 3 turns, now get a bar thats small enough to fit inside the nut....your now free to wack it all you want without the bar moving on you because the nut will hold it in place and will not damage anything. works everytime.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7@Feb 25 2004, 09:44 PM
put a nut on the ball joint threads, only screw it on maybe 3 turns, now get a bar thats small enough to fit inside the nut....your now free to wack it all you want without the bar moving on you because the nut will hold it in place and will not damage anything. works everytime.
thread the nut on half way and hammer it !!save the threads seeing how you already sold those arms
(last month)
who built your z ??? are you sure you,re okay to wrench ??

·
Registered
336 Posts
how about using a ball joint separator!!!!!! there $10.00 at the auto parts store, thats what I did. Its amazing how the proper tools make a job so much easier. :lol

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by BCBUD+Feb 25 2004, 11:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BCBUD @ Feb 25 2004, 11:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RiPPiNiTuP7@Feb 25 2004, 09:44 PM
put a nut on the ball joint threads, only screw it on maybe 3 turns, now get a bar thats small enough to fit inside the nut....your now free to wack it all you want without the bar moving on you because the nut will hold it in place and will not damage anything.  works everytime.
thread the nut on half way and hammer it !!save the threads seeing how you already sold those arms
(last month)
who built your z ??? are you sure you,re okay to wrench ?? [/b][/quote]
i built my Z..... yes i can put it together..... these balljoints are just a pain and i dnt wanna mess em up cuz im sellin em

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by RESCUE YFZ@Feb 26 2004, 01:40 PM
how about using a ball joint separator!!!!!! there $10.00 at the auto parts store, thats what I did. Its amazing how the proper tools make a job so much easier. :lol
cuz they tear the rubber boots and i gotta sell this stuff

·
Registered
528 Posts
I tore up my (really the wifes, but I do all of the work on it)stock Z-400 boots with a spreader! Could I get replacements if I wanted to? I don't really care, I (she)has aftermarket arms anyway. I was just wondering.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by Toad80t@Feb 26 2004, 10:52 PM
I tore up my (really the wifes, but I do all of the work on it)stock Z-400 boots with a spreader! Could I get replacements if I wanted to? I don't really care, I (she)has aftermarket arms anyway. I was just wondering.
sure could. talk to your local suzuki dealer.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I guess I was lucky cause I didnt damage my boots, Plus I think I would rather replace a boot over the entire ball joint but good luck with whatever you do, and hurry up I wana see some pics with all the aftermarket goodies on it.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
trey, ill see if i can come over tommorrow with a board of something..hehe

its looking good guys....and when i mean new - this thing is up on jacks and if you didnt know any better you would think it was still at the factory 8| tires still have that crap on them...everything, im suprized he didnt get the crate!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7+Feb 27 2004, 12:09 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RiPPiNiTuP7 @ Feb 27 2004, 12:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--CTYfzrider@Feb 26 2004, 06:35 PM
they do not sell boots seperately. They only sell the whole balljoint.
:stupid [/b][/quote]
Ok....Call your dealer and ask them to buy a boot and come back to me saying i was right. :angry

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by bunkerking217@Feb 27 2004, 12:18 AM
trey, ill see if i can come over tommorrow with a board of something..hehe

its looking good guys....and when i mean new - this thing is up on jacks and if you didnt know any better you would think it was still at the factory 8| tires still have that crap on them...everything, im suprized he didnt get the crate!
"tits" as trey called them :lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts