YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, to make a long story short I was riding in the snow a couple nights ago just cruising along not bothering anybody or anything, and a damn rock jumped right out in front of me :wtf . My left lower A-Arm took the force of the impact and kind of bent it up a little bit. Its not a major bend, its more like a dent. I know the A-Arms have sort of a gull wing design, but after the rock decided to mess with me, the left lower a-arm doesn't have as much of the gull wing bend in it anymore, looks almost straight. Is this a big problem, do I need to replace it? Or is it really just an eye sore? Thanks.

·
Registered
983 Posts
well, i think you just changed the front end geometry and the quad will behave differently steering left or right. You may also have weekend the material in that area and will now be proned to break the arm completely when jumping it. i'd replace it. i'd hate to get hurt over something like that. just my .02

G

·
jack it up take the shock and the upper a arm off and take a sledge to it that what i did and ir works fine!
sounds dum but it works :re :ihit

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
i did the same thing at a harescramble and put a 2x4 on the bend and hit it with a hammer till it was straight. Then I took some vise grips and clamped on the outer most edges of the dent over and over tightening it a little each time and popped the dent almost all the way out.

·
Registered
479 Posts
ebay has stock one for cheap too :rock

·
Registered
240 Posts
I haven't owned a 450 yet, but with my Raptor, (and also my friends raptor) we have bend a-arms, and what I did was just bend mine back as best I could. and it has worked fine, I've jumped on it for almost 1 year now, and nothing has happened to it yet.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
id go ahead and get a new one if u can just incase something would be wrong

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'll sell you all four arms, used 3 times, ball joints, bushings, and tie rods for $199

1 - 10 of 10 Posts