YFZ Central banner

$7300 OTD for a YFZ450...

3K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  5150HARVEE 
#1 ·
im gonna get my bike on friday. this is the deal i have worked out with my dealer.
what do you guys think.... 7300 otd isnt too bad.
do you think i can work the dealer down to 7000 maybe?
or should i jump on this deal?

thanks

***UPDATE***
so after 6 hrs of running all around metro phoenix, i got down to 7050 OTD. BUUUUTT...not in stock so i gave to wait till monday11/17 to get mine and it will be at 7000 OTD.
not bad ha?

#5 ·
I got both of mine for 6250 ... where are you guys at?

I'm in a rural portion of NW PA. I bought mine in Lakewood NY

Are dealers putting premiums (fair market adjustments) on the YFZ in your area?

#9 ·
Where are you all getting these deals from. I would rather buy out of state and pay no sales tax but I cant even find one out of state for that cheap. Around here (I’m in PHX, Arizona) you cant even sit on the damn thing for under 7100? I have found a few places that are reasonably priced but by the time they add all of their BS fees, tax, title prep, doc, freight, the total comes to like 7500 or something. Can some of you PM with a few dealerships that I could get on OTD for a reasonably price (web site would be appreciated as I could get the numbers and everything off of there)? Thanks
Dave

#11 ·
im in phx, az. i suppose because riding is so popular here, and the how popular the bike is, they wont go under 7300.

now that i have heard all of you say 65-68, im gonna try my hardest to walk out with 6800-7000.

the bike is the hot ticket here, i dont think i will get lower than 7.

we will see.

#12 ·
Good luck trying to get one in Socal this time of the year, i bet they are really bending people over. i'm glad i got mine back in july before the season kicked off. i seen about a total of ten a glamis this past weekend.

#14 ·
I live in northern cal and I called everywhere around her and even all the way in neveda. I ended up with 7400 OTD. The local dealer wanted full price and 500 more for the color he didn't have in stock. If you get at least 500 off msrp it's not a bad deal. It's a kick a$$ bike and well worth the money even if you pay full price. Good luck on your shopping!

#15 ·
Originally posted by Mustache Ride@Nov 11 2003, 10:26 PM
im gonna get my bike on friday. this is the deal i have worked out with my dealer.
what do you guys think.... 7300 otd isnt too bad.
do you think i can work the dealer down to 7000 maybe?
or should i jump on this deal?

thanks
Let's put it this way, the dealer could certainly make a living @ $7k OTD.

#16 ·
i live in so cal in a area that is very heavy riding etc and riding is about all there is to do other than burn things, i had the first one in the area i paid 7800 for bike/helm/2 sets of goggles/gloves and extra oil/filters. that was when YFZ was basicly just out now, think he selling em right now for about 7300 OTD.
they are really hot in so cal, everyone is either riding one or chasing one it seems :) the one yamaha dealer around here can't keep em on the floor for more than a day.

#17 ·
http://www.motorsportssuperstore.com/ which is Yamaha/Polaris of Hamilton AL sells them online. I recv'd my quote below from them and my local dealer ended up matching.

Below is an response I received from Yamaha/Polaris of Hamilton, they are advertising in cycletrader.com

"This unit sells for $6299.95 plus a $30 doc fee. It would run you $375 shipped to NJ. Please give me a call at 1-888-880-2277 if I can help you with anything else. Thanks again.

Greg"

#19 ·
6549 otd midway yamaha akron oh.

#20 ·
if u dnt wanna pay taxes........ u can go outta state to Brookhaven Mississippi...... Bardwell Yamaha- 5999 OTD w/ no taxes.... but the IRS will catch u sooner or later :disgust

#21 ·
I'm in the middle east at the moment and the YFZ's are going for about 6800 here OTD including the first years maintenance. Although they sell like hotcakes since they don't get many. Strange as they usually mark prices up on everything over here. I went in to buy one and they kept trying to sell me a Raptor instead because they didn't have any. ........after words with the owner, we managed to find the ONLY 1 left on any showroom floor in Dubai and got it shipped to my dealer and OTD for 7300. All in all, how bad do you want one. In my case, it was the ONLY one left until feb-mar time frame :(

#22 ·
I found 2 locations in SW Michigan that would sell @ $6,500 OTD. Quantities/color choice is limited.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.