YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I have a 2008 Yfz 450 Se. About a month ago I was out riding, mind you when I ride I by no means take it easy. Was 5th pinned on flat straight road and it lost all power, shut off, had a liquid on the front of the cylinder (coolant if I had to guess?) Wasn’t a ton of spraying out but there was enough to notice. I had recently replaced the clutch case cover with an 05-06 model clutch case cover (without oil mod) with hopes of making it to rebuild season up here in Michigan. I have yet to run a compression test, will do that tonight. My question to y’all is what could it be? I haven’t torn into it yet as I’d like to financially prepare for what it could be before I tear it apart and just have it sitting. Thank you all in advance!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
You are going to need at least two to three grand as far as money goes depending on how bad it is there are full rebuild kits on e-bay for about 500 something but that is just the all new parts not counting any machine work that might need to be done to the cylinder and head or you might need a whole new cylinder and head depending on how bad it is, and that will be some more money but all and all depending on how much you want done to it and how bad it is it will be at least 2 to 3 grand if you send it to a shop to have it fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are going to need at least two to three grand as far as money goes depending on how bad it is there are full rebuild kits on e-bay for about 500 something but that is just the all new parts not counting any machine work that might need to be done to the cylinder and head or you might need a whole new cylinder and head depending on how bad it is, and that will be some more money but all and all depending on how much you want done to it and how bad it is it will be at least 2 to 3 grand if you send it to a shop to have it fixed.
I would not be taking it to a shop as I am mechanically inclined, I’m just looking for areas to check for damage as I tear down as I have never been in a yfz engine before

1 - 3 of 3 Posts