YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching around and, haven't really found a conclusive answer.

I'm going to keep the compression around 12.5 to 13 - 1 so, no race pistons for me and, I am curious to know what everyones experience is with this setup? It an Athena cylinder which, they claim larger water jackets.

This bike isn't built as hill shooter. Its going to be used all around....track, trails, duner, open. Pretty much a weekend warrior looking to go fast.

Will I survive on a stock radiator w/ inline coolers or, should I look into a larger radiator? I have almost $2500 in this re build so, another $350 isn't going to break the bank but, if the radiator isn't necessary, that money can be spent elsewhere.

What's the consenses?

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
IMO where and how you ride is more important.

If you plan to drag race and "open" ride the stock radiator is fine. Air flow is key to cooling the motor. However if you are going to trail ride it, tree shoot with it, or any type of riding where slow air speed or if it is really hot outside... IMO a bigger radiator is better.

Again it is more to due with the air speed. Drag race or open fast dune riding = stock radiator as air flow is fast..... slow trail ride or tree shoots = bigg radiator as slower air speed won't cool as well.

·
Registered
837 Posts
i dont thing you should have to worry about it, just put some good anti freeze in. ive never seen mine over heat and i ride in 100 degree desert weather.. but maybe out there is dif JMO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts