YFZ Central banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
you guys kill me!!! your nutz when does the insanity end.. you keep showing me goods that i want i HATE YOU!!!!

oh but you rock!!! :what

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ-suprfly@Sep 12 2003, 02:38 AM
goods that i want
Anybody want to go in on some JE 470cc or 480cc 13:1 pistons?

No stroking required, bore, plate, port (while you're at it) and GO!

I'm ready to go on this now. It will take ~ 2 weeks for the pistons to get to me and I'll send 'em out to whomever joins in. They'd be ~$190.00 each. Let me know.

BTW: Don't reply if you'd be interested in the spring or if you don't have the scratch or if you're thinking about getting a YFZ when you sell your 400EX. This is serious.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by edgerat@Sep 12 2003, 10:34 AM
got someone that can do the bore and re-nikasil?  If you can I will buy a couple.
Isaac
I may have to send the cylinders out for the nik, but ours can get bored by the same guy that would be doing mine.

If you're serious edgerat, pm me.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
JE is not making overbore pistons for the YFZ yet?? Does the YZ motorcycle piston fit?? cause you can track one down that way possibly.

How much bigger than stock are thinking or boring?? I had a +4mm in my Z400 with boring and nikisil plating from Millenium technologies. They do a real nice job.

The tumic replacement cylinder sounds good and you get to keep your stock jug ... this is from the site

Some spec's: The cylinder weigh less than stock: 160 grams to be exact, carries 60% more coolant and has 2mm thicker cylinderwalls.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by schwendi@Sep 13 2003, 07:20 PM
JE is not making overbore pistons for the YFZ yet?? Does the YZ motorcycle piston fit?? cause you can track one down that way possibly.

How much bigger than stock are thinking or boring?? I had a +4mm in my Z400 with boring and nikisil plating from Millenium technologies. They do a real nice job.
The YZ450F will fit, but you'll need to either stroke the YFZ crank or get the YZ crank, and I don't know if the YZ crank will work.

I'm going with a ported 470cc. If I can gain even 3-4hp more @ 4500 (actually I ride @ ~4800'), that will be huge.

I don't have a final price from JE yet. The (4) were quoted to me @ ~ $700+ and they would take about (2) weeks to get into my hands.

If I can pull the details together, and get my work done by the end of October. I'll be on this one real quick.

Let me know if you're interested. You won't be AMA legal, but that only matters if you race or are worried about getting caught.

·
Registered
69 Posts
first and foremost the tumic cylinder and piston will not work ,i repeat, it will not work on your yfz.
secondly, a yz and or a wr crank will not work either.
you can either buy a piston built for the yfz that is oversize and get it replated, or you can stroke the stock crank and then use a yz piston .
i have already built a yfz470. my 470 motors setups will be available soon.i would need your entire motor for dissassembly,stroke the crank, plate the cylinder and port the head.
selector give me a call again, i would like to talk you about those JE psitons, and what they had to say about them to you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
yes 98 mm's would make it a 480 but unfortunately you can only go to 97mm bore on the stock cylinder before you run into serious reliability problems.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by killerkx327@Sep 17 2003, 03:02 PM
yes 98 mm's would make it a 480 but unfortunately you can only go to 97mm bore on the stock cylinder before you run into serious reliability problems.
98mm bore x 62mm stroke (stock) make a 467cc

3.14 * (4.9 * 4.9) * 6.2 = 467.43cc

Pi (3.14)
R squared ((98/2 = 49) (49*49=2401)
H (62)

Pi (3.14) * R squared (2401) * Height (62) = volume of cylinder or 467,426

467,426 / 1000 = 467cc

You can go +3mm and I'll have one completed shortly (another couple of weeks).

Using the YZ stroke (63.4) in the above calculation leads you to a 478 or "480" machine.

Using a +2mm over piston with the YZ stroke leaves you with a 468 or "470" machine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
selector
try this equation
64.4 stroke x97mm bore. that equates to 475.9 cc's.
by the way who's doing your motor work?you're doing a 3mm over bore, good luck on that deal.you just shot every ounce of any reliability to you ever had out the window.
and the way you like to hillshoot and run it hard. your topend will be destroyed in a matter of hours. gaurantee it.
i've built over 100 426 and 450 yz motors, i know what thier limits are. you don't have to take my word for it.
but i see you choose to ignore my emails as well these days which is fine, if you think i'm full of shit why don't you just tell me so.remember you called me and couldn't wait for me to build you a motor, but i guess you couldn't wait three weeks for me to finish the R&D. so now i take you're having someone else bore it and plate. i bet they won't warranty it?
at least when you pay for mmy motor work you get a ONE year warranty on it. you won't get that anywhere else.
and my plating is far superior to any other plating on the market.
and on another note, your PLUS3 bigbore will net you about 2 hp.i hope it's worth the $500 or so it's costing.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by killerkx327@Sep 18 2003, 05:47 PM
selector
try this equation
64.4 stroke x97mm bore. that equates to 475.9 cc's.
by the way who's doing your motor work?you're doing a 3mm over bore, good luck on that deal.you just shot every ounce of any reliability to you ever had out the window.
  and the way you like to hillshoot and run it hard. your topend will be destroyed in a matter of hours. gaurantee it.
i've built over 100 426 and 450 yz motors, i know what thier limits are.
but i see you choose to ignore my emails as well these days which is fine, if you think i'm full of shit why don't you just tell me so.remember you called me and couldn't wait for me to build you a motor, but i guess you couldn't wait three weeks for me to finish the R&D. so now i take you're having someone else bore it and plate. i bet they won't warranty it?
at least when you pay for mmy motor work you get a ONE year warranty on it. you won't get that anywhere else.
and my plating is far superior to any other plating on the market.
and on another note, your PLUS3 bigbore will net you about 2 hp.i hope it's worth the $500 or so it's costing.
:bawl

+3 setup: I'll take Mickey Dunlap's word over your's any day - at least he gives me the full story - the first time. Should I share the email you sent?

Plating: Millennium Technologies - you know someone better?

I don't have to take your word for it: OK

If you're that damn good at engine building, why/how are you able to spend so much time on the boards? Mickey Dunlap, Eric Gorr... I've talked to 'em all and none have any time on their hands.

Eric Gorr has his top riders running the same setup I will be. Who's racing your engines? If Gorr's guys can reliably run these things, an old man like me can too.

You're damn right, I was very ready to go, but when you openly admitted: "I didn't exactly give you all the right info" you lost.

How about this one: "but I wanted my customers to think they had the same as me". What the hell?

I'd rather blow my new build in 5 minutes that deal with a liar.

BTW: I do think you're full of shit. You'd should have taken my non-response as a signal to move on and find new business rather than whine. Screw with me more and I'll post your f'n emails, then we'll see how many "470s" you build.

Buyer beware!

Edit: If I get any emails or shit out of you, I'll forward your recent emails (to me) to anyone that asks as well as posting them on the popular ATV forums that I know you frequent. I'm going my way, you go your's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts