YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
475cc STROKER kit for your YFZ450
for any of you yfz 450 owners that want more power, B & B Racing now has a 475cc stroker kit available.
depending on elevation and exhaust setup, this kit should net you between 55-60 hp to the wheels.and thats with stock cams and stock carb, put in some webcams and a FCR-MX 41mm carb and watch the rocket go then.
we will disassemble your motor,stroke the crank, bore and replate your cylinder, port and flow your head, put in our custom 12.8:1 compression piston. then reassemble with all new gaskets.
the torque increase you'll get will far exceed the hp gains. but it is torque that accelarates you not hp.
you ship us your motor, and in 6-8 weeks it will be shipped back complete ready to bolt in and go.of course you will need to rejet, and i will be able to give you jetting requirements at that time.
the entire package shipped back to you complete is $2025.
have any questions feel free to ask. just don't ask me what the dimensions are, those are a trade secret. and we don't wish for any of our competition to get ahold of them. we are the first and the best performance engine builders to offer a motor kit for the yfz. our kits are built for reliability and to kick ass.
and the motor will look bone stock from the outside so you'll never have to tell your friends what they just got smoked by.

·
Registered
263 Posts
have a number or website? 8)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
How many hours do you have on motor with this kit so far?

·
Registered
100 Posts
got anything bigger? my cuz just bought a banshee and got a damn 535 kit for it cheata cylenders or what ever there called so hes gonna have around 115 or 125 hp so they clame ...i need bigger :yfz :rock

·
Registered
263 Posts
Originally posted by overboosted450@Jan 27 2004, 07:37 PM
got anything bigger? my cuz just bought a banshee and got a damn 535 kit for it cheata cylenders or what ever there called so hes gonna have around 115 or 125 hp so they clame ...i need bigger :yfz :rock
HAHAHA Your screwed! unless the guy cant jet it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Originally posted by overboosted450@Jan 27 2004, 06:37 PM
.....yea, your screwed lol :uhoh

·
Registered
137 Posts
One of my budies put a 13:1 high comp. piston and some minor porting. He has cam mod and some other secretes that he probebly didn't say about. He bent the rod after the first ice race this year.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I agree, the TOrque way offsets the HP

withour port jobs we annihilate almost anything, yet our horsepower only increased a little, the torque is what wins drags.

the dimensions are as follows, as anyone can say.

I won't say but I will tell you what they have to be.

if you want to keep the trade secret you should call it a 477 then they would not have a clue.

but since you gave the exact cc then the secret is out.

I believe the bore devided by 2 then take that number times 3.1416 equals the area of the piston, then multiply by the stroke.

for example a piston 96 millimeters in diamete is 48 mm radius

so 48 times 48 is 2,304

then take 2304 times 3.1416 is 7,238

then multiply by stroke lets say 62 mm gives you

7,238 x 62 equals 448,756 then just put the decimal at the third place
cause you devide by 1000 to get CC from CM's

so a 96 mm piston and 62 stroke will give you a 448

This example was for a piston that is one millimeter over stock 95 mm size.

a 0 mm over 95 mm piston gives you 439 cc (95/2)^2 x 62 = 439
a 1 mm over 96 mm piston gives you 448 cc (96/2)^2 x 62 = 448
a 2 mm over 97 mm piston gives you 458 cc (97/2)^2 x 62 = 458
a 3 mm over 98 mm piston gives you 467 cc (98/2)^2 x 62 = 467
a 4 mm over 99 mm piston gives you 477 cc. (99/2)^2 x 62 = 477

if you made the stroke 1 mm longer, then the above would be

a 0 mm over 95 mm piston gives you 446 cc (95/2)^2 x 62 = 446
a 1 mm over 96 mm piston gives you 456 cc (96/2)^2 x 62 = 455
a 2 mm over 97 mm piston gives you 465 cc (97/2)^2 x 62 = 465
a 3 mm over 98 mm piston gives you 475 cc (98/2)^2 x 62 = 475
a 4 mm over 99 mm piston gives you 455 cc. (99/2)^2 x 62 = 485

if you made the stroke 2 mm longer, then the above would be

a 0 mm over 95 mm piston gives you 439 cc (95/2)^2 x 62 = 453
a 1 mm over 96 mm piston gives you 448 cc (96/2)^2 x 62 = 462
a 2 mm over 97 mm piston gives you 458 cc (97/2)^2 x 62 = 473
a 3 mm over 98 mm piston gives you 467 cc (98/2)^2 x 62 = 482
a 4 mm over 99 mm piston gives you 477 cc. (99/2)^2 x 62 = 492

so for the NEWBIES out there like me, when you are at the campfire and talking motors and someone gives you an engine 3 digit number and the last number is BELOW 5 then you have to have a 2 millimeter bigger crank stroke.

just remember TOO LOW! TOO LOW! (any number with a two or three is TWO OVER CRANK.

now if they give you a number with fives or a six at the end you will be 1 millimeter longer crank!

and if they give you a three digit number and the LAST NUMBER is 7 or above you have to be a stock crank.

so now you can sound like you play with numbers all day, and theyll all go WOW! Then yo can tell them the trick and they will be happy to learn another useful YFZ-450 fact!

And you can toast marshmallows, in happiness, and the next day maybe they will let you lead the dune pack cause your so wise!

·
Registered
634 Posts
actually, that price for that amount of work is not too bad at all and it probably will haul nicely, I hav your number and will pass it on when asked,

you must have had the crank made special.
that is awesome.

call me when you get a 2 mm crank and it works, that would be an awesome torquey motor.

what is your mainjet?

if you are around 220, then I will say you can't do better than send your motor to this guy.

C

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by BillsBlaster+Jan 27 2004, 05:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BillsBlaster @ Jan 27 2004, 05:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--overboosted450@Jan 27 2004, 06:37 PM
got anything bigger? my cuz just bought a banshee and got a damn 535 kit for it cheata cylenders or what ever there called so hes gonna have around 115 or 125 hp so they clame ...i need bigger :yfz  :rock
.....yea, your screwed lol :uhoh [/b][/quote]
No hes not, his brothe will be stuck doing rebuilds every race of 5 hours!

·
Registered
634 Posts
just race him ten in a row without a break and he probably could melt down.

The odds of him being jetted correctly are itsy-bitsy, since they BUILD the motors but you jet them and when those big mommas are jetted lean, he can spend another 3 grand getting it fixed.

no you wont beat a 535 banshee, sorry.

but you can always challenge him to a wheely contest! that would be funny

or even a jumping contest, he would be the lawn dart.

but then, you might not want to do that to your brother. :lol

Whenever you ride together just wheely and jump all the time! That drives big bore banshee riders crazy. That is why we sold our cheetah banshee, we were missing out on all the real fun.
Honest. Just dragging gets real old especially if yo win all the time.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Trade ya a turbo kit for the yfz 450 for one of those 475 strokers,,,,turbo kit alone should make 80-85 hp on 93 octain. I bet it could get into the 120-130 hp range with that stroker kit and some high octane(low compression piston for me plz 9-1 will do!).

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by yfzmaster@Jan 28 2004, 07:03 PM
Trade ya a turbo kit for the yfz 450 for one of those 475 strokers,,,,turbo kit alone should make 80-85 hp on 93 octain. I bet it could get into the 120-130 hp range with that stroker kit and some high octane(low compression piston for me plz 9-1 will do!).
what do you sell the Turbo kit for?
do you have pics of it?
what kinda PSI are you running?
Please More INFO?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by yfzmaster@Jan 28 2004, 07:03 PM
More info about the turbo kit, like pics or how and where its mounted.

I am working on one for it also using a small turbo off a Chrysler. A T04B should be good for about 10-15lbs.

·
Registered
194 Posts
As far as pics, not yet. I am waiting for the turbo to come in. then I will start to fab up the tubing and I/C. I will show pics of the turbo once i get it. Mounting location, I will try to put it as close to the exhaust port coming out of the head as possable. I/C will hopfully go infront of the radiator.

To4b,,,wow,,sounds waaaay too big for a 1 cyl. The one Im using is something like a tiny kkk found on porche and VW.

As far as a kit, If it is worth it to me $$ wise kits/copies will be available and the turbo sould be good for up to 120-130 hp(boost is relative only to restriction).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Originally posted by daddogrider@Jan 28 2004, 07:57 AM
just race him ten in a row without a break and he probably could melt down.

The odds of him being jetted correctly are itsy-bitsy, since they BUILD the motors but you jet them and when those big mommas are jetted lean, he can spend another 3 grand getting it fixed.

no you wont beat a 535 banshee, sorry.

but you can always challenge him to a wheely contest! that would be funny

or even a jumping contest, he would be the lawn dart.

but then, you might not want to do that to your brother. :lol

Whenever you ride together just wheely and jump all the time! That drives big bore banshee riders crazy. That is why we sold our cheetah banshee, we were missing out on all the real fun.
Honest. Just dragging gets real old especially if yo win all the time.
lol i love it ..last night i wooped them all again and there being cocky ass wipes wait till i get this wait till i get that ..im like god guys dont be so pissy cuz im stomping you :woo

·
Registered
100 Posts
as for the turbo im working on one now im using a turbo off one of my dads old bobcats its way tiny and will fit perfect i belive its a 45 trim so it should spool rather quick

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by yfzmaster@Jan 29 2004, 04:35 AM
As far as pics, not yet. I am waiting for the turbo to come in. then I will start to fab up the tubing and I/C. I will show pics of the turbo once i get it. Mounting location, I will try to put it as close to the exhaust port coming out of the head as possable. I/C will hopfully go infront of the radiator.

To4b,,,wow,,sounds waaaay too big for a 1 cyl. The one Im using is something like a tiny kkk found on porche and VW.

As far as a kit, If it is worth it to me $$ wise kits/copies will be available and the turbo sould be good for up to 120-130 hp(boost is relative only to restriction).
The T04B is actually off of a Mitsubishi and its hella small way smaller than a T3. I would have to look again but I believe that the exhaust A/R is only .42. Both the exhaust side and the compressor side are about as big as your fist.

I have been playing with turbos for a while now anf just recently sold a 89 mustang with a home made Junk Yard Twin Turbo setup that was good for 11's on pump gas, and got 22mpg.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Man I love turbos! They can make sooo much power. A friend runs a 555ci BBC w/accel DFI and a big ol hairdryer in his drag car. ~2000hp on gasoline. Runs 6.80's @202mph. Fun stuff :blah

Personally, we run the big inch stuff and turn them slower. Parts last longer and it runs extremely consistant. We use the torque and just gear for it. I will be interested in a big bore/stroke kit for my YFZ when they get some more hours of testing on them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I mostly keep myself to normally asperated but I too thought of turbo also. The only thing is that there is no need for it where I am. I feel that 55hp area with the 439 is attainable without losing or even gaining low end. Add a little NOS and there is that extra kick. The turbo idea seems better than the stroker for the money. Few things guys, trying the turbos. The turbos you have in mind using, do you know how fast the spool rate is? ???Will the exaust diameter size also change this??? Head gaskets, O-ringing will be in order, I know I would do that. And am I right that you have to vent everything to boost?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts