YFZ Central banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
YFZ450R manuals are located on NKO in library, under DIY, small engine repair. If you don't know what NKO is, its a navy website. Have your sailor friends look it up for you.

Dumb question but I'm new to this. How do you read the codes?
the long blinks indicate the first digit, then the short blink indicate the second. For example 31 would be three long, then one short. It will repeat. If there are two it will repeat both one after another.

My check engine light only comes on when the bike is on and in gear. It turns on fine and rides fine (I just rode it normal down my block didn't give it a lot of gas) But the check engine light stays on when it's in gear. It doesn't throw any flashes for a code..

Does anyone know what it means?

I had code 12 pop up, everything was working however it wasn’t cranking over but the starter was engaging and only made a buzzing sound. Turns out the flywheel had all the bolts backed out due to not having thread locker on them and hit the stator which threw the code. No one posted it before so I spent a lot of time testing everything, hope this helps

I have a 2018 yfz450r and bike ran and idled fine before i started putting parts on it. Only electrical parts I installed was a kill switch and start button. Now the bike is hard to start and it has a blown fuse and engine light keeps flashing 10 times and looks like the timing doesnt change between flashes

21 - 40 of 43 Posts