YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to race a 450r with the hrc kit, or as he called it the power up kit. Thought it would be a little closer than it was even though my bike is modded. First we raced on a gravel road at this sand pit. I got the excuse he spun through every gear thats why I won by atleast 10 bike lengths. :bawl We raced through most of fifth gear. So I told him lets go out to the pavement and we can do roll ons. First time we started at a low rpm in second and he got a little jump but I ran away from him in every gear. Won by 8 bikes. Neeedless to say more excuses...he missed a gear. :bawl We rolled on them one more time but this time I made sure we was half way through second gear before we hit them. I don't know how far ahead I was because when I turned around to see he already turned around and headed back before I could get turned around. I couldn't find him when I got back to the pit. I'm sure there are some fast 450r's and I know mines modded good but the hrc kit sucks! :rock

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
:yfz We had my friends TRX w/ the full HRC kit race my other friends YFZ w/ the baffle out ONLY (airbox lid still on and wasnt jetted)..... he beat it by 2 bikes..... honda came up short on this one.... a good bit short... 8 bikes in ur case :lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they did come up short. Not to mention the head light is ugly. My bike isn't tuned dead on yet but I'm sure he wishes he bought a yfz. :D

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by bansheekiller@Feb 22 2004, 09:54 PM
Yeah they did come up short. Not to mention the head light is ugly. My bike isn't tuned dead on yet but I'm sure he wishes he bought a yfz. :D
yup.... the TRX sux coknabalz :lol

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Wel I'm not gonna lie. I had a few good races at the desert a couple weeks ago. Some guy on a 450r was pretty much even with me up the hill. I'm a pretty good rider and take the whoops no problem. He was way smoother through the woops though, and I would have to play catch up till about the last 40 feet. I would catch him then and either beat him by a couple lengths, or be even with him. His bike was quick, and I have the baffle out, lid off and I'm jetted. Oh and The cam mod. He was just an awesome rider. The other hondas I raced, I spanked. I was dead even with a duncan 450r, but the guy riding it wasn't a very good rider. So anyways, I still like the yfz's better, but the hondas are still an awesome bike.

·
Registered
827 Posts
is everyone failing to see the mechanical differences here?

450R
4 valve non titanium
450cc
single cam
and i think its a heavier bike(not sure)

YFZ450
5 valve titanium(gonna rev out further)
439 cc
dual cam

the only thing its got on the yfz is 11cc. and dont even tell me that makes up a whole lot of difference between the 2.

yamaha built the better bike and im not just saying that because i have one. if the honda was better i would not be ashamed to say so. but it isnt.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Okay guys, I was waiting to put together a long fully detailed comparison,but i just dont have the time to do it. I'm Just getting back from my vacation in Baja and Glamis,Ive been trying to catch up with work,taking care of my daughter and well everything else back here in Jersey.........Okay here goes...I own both bikes The YFZ and the 450R...I just got done modding out my TRX450r with HRC kit and a Curtis Sparks exhaust and air filter kit. Im sure the rest of you know that my YFZ is jetted,cam mod,air lid off, and full yoshi exhaust. I let my friend who is 75lbs lighter than me ride my YFZ for the day,this past sunday,he is a good rider not a novice. towards the end of the day we went to an open pit were you can click all 5 gears. I told him the best of 5 will be the champ....so here's how it went down.
race #1....450R
race #2....YFZ
race #3....450R
race #4... YFZ
race #5.........................450r because he messed up 3rd gear shift with the YFZ.

I am a better rider than him with alot more experience, which gave me an edge, but he is 75lbs lighter than me...well whatever you can argue it ....But the bottom line is that the YFZ is a faster bike and cheaper to make go faster. The yfz does handle a little bit better up top too. But hey they are so damn close in everyway.Every one has there own opinion and can say Honda sux Yamaha sux...but man finally we have some real Sport quads from the Manufacturers .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts