YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think it is really important? it sounds like a good deal, but i'm not sure if i should get it...

plus does modding your 450 void the warrenty? dosen't yamaha have to do all the work to it?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i actually did get some opinions on this, and everyone says its a scam, they make you wait 4 eva to build your motor if it blows! (months at a time if at all)

·
Registered
631 Posts
i didn't get it for the simple reason of they would have to do all your mods which means even more money for labor. if you race it that will more than likly void your warrenty.

andy

·
Registered
168 Posts
I bought it for both my YFZ's because I got it for under 300 per quad.

But my experiences with Yamaha are they probably won't honor it, and the repair bill will end up in small claims court.

I kept all my stock parts, and if the motor pukes, then the stock parts go back on, and I go in to the dealer and fight, then on to court.

I've done it before, and armed with the extended warranty I've won.

Honda does some goofy things, but they honor their warranties. Yamaha generally, from my 37 years experiences, does not.

Just my take

·
Registered
264 Posts
My buddy talked me out of it. Tried to use it on his Raptor all it covers is engine failure due to faulty oil or water pump. For the money you spend it's not worth it. Local Cali. dealers want $800.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by liftedtaco38s@Jan 24 2004, 07:00 AM
Do you guys think it is really important? it sounds like a good deal, but i'm not sure if i should get it...

My opinion....NO!!! its a waste of money they are gonna figure out a way to beat you out of the repairs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts