YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I have purchased a new rear 36 tooth rear sprocket but cannot get it over the 4 arms on the carrier, Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
492 Posts
no, its not easy. You have to take the axle part way out of the carrier because there is a circlip holding the hub tight against the carrier and you can't just pull the sprocket hub off without first taking that circlip off.
Typically, a 36 tooth sprocket comes in two pieces (halves) so that you can put it on without taking the sprocket hub off in order to get the sprocket on.

I should say that it is simple work to do but a pain in the behind because it is a lot of work just to change a rear sprocket.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Ryder25 @ Feb 18 2009, 03:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=748002
no, its not easy. You have to take the axle part way out of the carrier because there is a circlip holding the hub tight against the carrier and you can't just pull the sprocket hub off without first taking that circlip off.
Typically, a 36 tooth sprocket comes in two pieces (halves) so that you can put it on without taking the sprocket hub off in order to get the sprocket on.

I should say that it is simple work to do but a pain in the behind because it is a lot of work just to change a rear sprocket.[/b]
ok, thanks for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts